Home

This game desperately needs some excitement

This is a discussion on This game desperately needs some excitement within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #57
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: This game desperately needs some excitement

I hate those moments where there should be commentary, but there isn't..just the camera panning and random crowd noise..I hope those blank spaces are filled with something..
Old 02-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #58
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Who said we didn't?
please let this be true!!! nothing more annoying is having to (x) thru a intro just to play a game of baseball ...... actually the only thing that really kind of annoys me is the theme music for the show (you know the one..... its been used for years)
Old 02-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #59
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6

The stadiums reaction to big plays, hits, home runs, walk offs, strikeouts, diving or robbing home runs needs revamped.

Especially for the playoffs. It just seems like they turned up the crowd volume a couple notches come playoff time.

Very disappointed in crowds since the release on next gens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarl76
I hate those moments where there should be commentary, but there isn't..just the camera panning and random crowd noise..I hope those blank spaces are filled with something..
And this is one of the main reasons I skip so many cutscenes.

Or the only commentary is "hey look at this graphic"
Old 02-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #61
Rookie

hb5239799's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
please let this be true!!! nothing more annoying is having to (x) thru a intro just to play a game of baseball ...... actually the only thing that really kind of annoys me is the theme music for the show (you know the one..... its been used for years)
A new soundtrack is something this title definitely needs...or at least remix it a little like some of the networks have done through the years. It gets VERY stale in between innings. Hence, why some of us love to Sounds of the Show to integrate FOX/ESPN music into our broadcast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #62
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb5239799
A new soundtrack is something this title definitely needs...or at least remix it a little like some of the networks have done through the years. It gets VERY stale in between innings. Hence, why some of us love to Sounds of the Show to integrate FOX/ESPN music into our broadcast.
I still think MLB The Show needs to look and sound more like a real TV baseball broadcast like FOX, ESPN, TBS and so on. 2K Sports did a much better job in this area when they had a baseball game. And continue to do it now with there NBA game. I do still have hope that someday MLB The Show will improve greatly in this area. But I guess Sony still has much more important areas of the game that need to be worked on.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:31 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I still think MLB The Show needs to look and sound more like a real TV baseball broadcast like FOX, ESPN, TBS and so on. 2K Sports did a much better job in this area when they had a baseball game. And continue to do it now with there NBA game. I do still have hope that someday MLB The Show will improve greatly in this area. But I guess Sony still has much more important areas of the game that need to be worked on.
Off-topic, but which version of MLB 2K had the best presentation? I was thinking of finding a copy for like a dollar at GameStop because I keep hearing about its presentation.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:43 PM   #64
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Off-topic, but which version of MLB 2K had the best presentation? I was thinking of finding a copy for like a dollar at GameStop because I keep hearing about its presentation.
2k7 and 2k8 were the best out of the group in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »