Home

Stats and Ratings as you get deeper into franchise mode

This is a discussion on Stats and Ratings as you get deeper into franchise mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2016, 08:41 PM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Stats and Ratings as you get deeper into franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Part of the reason for that was performance based progression. As pitchers performed better they saw an increase in progression. Causing hitting stats to plummet.
Hmmm....where did I hear before that performance based progression/regression might lead to "laddering" problems?...

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 AM   #10
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

It's a fixable issue. It's just that most rosters aren't tested enough for this. Most custom rosters and the stock SCEA rosters give you pretty realistic stats for a year or two, maybe even 3. 99.99% of these rosters (even the relatively good ones) are not being tested much further than that or, at least, not in a rigorous way. It's enough work for everyone to make the players and get everything situated as you might imagine. By the time that's done, most everyone is all edited out and the community is clamoring for a finished product.

The closest roster I've seen for MLB15 that gives realistic stats (8-12) years out is the OS Realism roster set that teeds and I worked on last summer, which was based on OSFM15 which was based on the Hybrid set from MLB14 which was based on....you get the idea...It's a 'hybrid' roster and should still be in the vault under the PSN: ohtheseblues

This is actually a fairly old and well-known issue and you'll probably find a thread or two about this happening. Some thread about "stats dropping off a cliff 8 years into franchise mode" or something like that.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Part of the reason for that was performance based progression. As pitchers performed better they saw an increase in progression. Causing hitting stats to plummet.
That's one reason I argued unsuccessfully against progression based performance. The developers lose control over the game in future years.

I wonder if auto training could be another problem. There are a lot of attributes for position players to train other than hitting while pitchers focus on training pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »