Home

Precision Input Gameplay Engine for The Show 16....anyone hyped for this?

This is a discussion on Precision Input Gameplay Engine for The Show 16....anyone hyped for this? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Precision Input Gameplay Engine for The Show 16....anyone hyped for this?

Here is a video of me talking about it and breaking it down:

I think this will be really cool for online. It may not affect Analog and Directional hitters as much, but for zone hitters this is a nice feature to see.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 02-15-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Precision Input Gameplay Engine for The Show 16....anyone hyped for this?

As a primary Zone hitter, I am definitely excited for this.

Especially as someone who like to be agressive early, and have seen many first pitch balls that I have had perfect timing and placement on, turn into a chopper or lazy fly ball. I am guessing this is something to do with how they have programmed hitting to have positive modifiers in deep counts.

Plus with the possible return of Striding, I haven't been this excited to hit in quite a few years.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I am both excited and afraid of this feature. It's true, there was nothing more frustrating than squaring a ball up perfectly only to hit a weak popout. HOWEVER, there were more than a few times when I swung at pitches I shouldn't have and got rewarded.

Overall I see my batting averages taking a dive. It's what I deserve and I'm ok with it, just a little scared is all. Now scuse me while I go drill plate discipline for the next month and a half.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I am both excited and afraid of this feature. It's true, there was nothing more frustrating than squaring a ball up perfectly only to hit a weak popout. HOWEVER, there were more than a few times when I swung at pitches I shouldn't have and got rewarded.

Overall I see my batting averages taking a dive. It's what I deserve and I'm ok with it, just a little scared is all. Now scuse me while I go drill plate discipline for the next month and a half.
It will definitely be interesting how the change affects performance numbers, say over the course of a season compared to last year. And also if it has an effect on those who do not use the PCI.

I definitely don't mind a more challenging experience though, most games these days are far too easy.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Haven't read much into this. I'm strictly a timing hitter, well directional now I guess, but I use it as timing. But I'm not familiar with what this does. Will it make hitting easier, or harder?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

In 8 years playing this game I've never been no hit by the CPU but I'm scared that might change this year...
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Haven't read much into this. I'm strictly a timing hitter, well directional now I guess, but I use it as timing. But I'm not familiar with what this does. Will it make hitting easier, or harder?

Im not 100 pct sure but I have a feeling directional will be roughly the same. I think itd be too overpowered if they gave you more of a boost for good timing without having to worry about pci placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Old 02-15-2016, 09:35 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm a directional and analog hitter so I don't think it'll be too different in that. But I also play analog pitching which can be very inconsistent as well and I'm excited to see how analog pitching changes because of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »