Home

Weather in 2015

This is a discussion on Weather in 2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Weather in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The problem with random is it doesn't match the weather IRL. I'm sure it would be a mess to accurately replicate weather patterns in 30 cities but it isn't random.
I'm pretty sure they used weather data in the past, maybe a few years ago?

Seemed to work pretty well from what I remember.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #18
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

So in the IGN stream, Ramone confirmed that the roof closed/open would be decided for you based on the weather. He made this comment right after he said he wished the roof was closed as they were playing in Chase Field....

They really should have given us the option to choose or this is going to kill the realism. Also worth mentiong, they were playing in Arizona with the roof open and the managers and umpires were wearing jackets. So much for realistic weather.....

They came so close with the open/closed roofs but if its not realistic it's going to kill the realism ugh
Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #19
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
So in the IGN stream, Ramone confirmed that the roof closed/open would be decided for you based on the weather. He made this comment right after he said he wished the roof was closed as they were playing in Chase Field....

They really should have given us the option to choose or this is going to kill the realism. Also worth mentiong, they were playing in Arizona with the roof open and the managers and umpires were wearing jackets. So much for realistic weather.....

They came so close with the open/closed roofs but if its not realistic it's going to kill the realism ugh
One thing that annoys me is how the players and fans all dress correctly for 40 degrees weather but the umpires are dressed like its 80. It's so stupid and I've never understood why it's not been fixed.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 02-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #20
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
One thing that annoys me is how the players and fans all dress correctly for 40 degrees weather but the umpires are dressed like its 80. It's so stupid and I've never understood why it's not been fixed.
Yes, that used to drive me crazy. I am so glad they included umpire jackets now.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #21
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Yes, that used to drive me crazy. I am so glad they included umpire jackets now.
I didn't know they finally fixed it but that's good to know.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #22
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:

I just have a bad feeling that unless it is raining. We aren't going to see closed roofs.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #23
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I just have a bad feeling that unless it is raining. We aren't going to see closed roofs.
I have a bad feeling about it too.

I'm kinda ticked that they include it based on users requesting it, but then they don't give us the option to use it.

Last edited by dran1984; 02-18-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #24
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Logically speaking, that doesn't make sense though?

They spent a lot of manpower, hours and utlimately a chunk of $$ to create these new builds. They wouldn't have built it into the game unless they wanted it to be used.

I would prefer the option to play with it open/closed but either way...I'd bet it would be over 25% that you play in a closed stadium where these things exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »