Home

PS3 versus PS4

This is a discussion on PS3 versus PS4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #17
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS3 versus PS4

PS4. I was a in the same boat last year about this time and decided to get the PS4 and it was a fantastic choice. I had games I was still waiting to play. The PS4 is SO much better. I sold all the games for the PS3 and got them for the 4. The 4 is better in every single area
Old 02-17-2016, 05:03 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I never understand threads like this. How can any of us know if it's better for YOU to go ps3 or ps4 for the Show? Ps3 is a dying gen console. Ps4 is the console for now.

For me personally? Why stick with the old gen when eventually its phased out anyway? However, I have no idea why anyone would listen to my gaming preferences on the internet lol.
Yeah the PS3 will eventually get phased out but this is not exactly the same jump as it was from the PS2 to the PS3. The PS3 is high def full screen. Have you tried playing any of the old titles from the PS2 on a flat panel? Not attractive at all but a lot of the games from last gen especially the newest releases sport some sweet graphics. I am on the fence and am considering the newest console but I find I do not play games as much any more. As long as the rosters get updated for TS in the vault I plan on sticking with previous gen for at least another year.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #19
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourvision21
Yeah the PS3 will eventually get phased out but this is not exactly the same jump as it was from the PS2 to the PS3. The PS3 is high def full screen. Have you tried playing any of the old titles from the PS2 on a flat panel? Not attractive at all but a lot of the games from last gen especially the newest releases sport some sweet graphics. I am on the fence and am considering the newest console but I find I do not play games as much any more. As long as the rosters get updated for TS in the vault I plan on sticking with previous gen for at least another year.
Well of course but to me the question that needs to be answered is this. If MLB 2017 was a ps4 only game, would you then buy the ps4 and game? If the answer is somewhere along the lines of "yes, because i couldn't play MLB 16 for two years" then its a no brainer to me to get the ps4 now regardless. Why delay the inevitable and stick with last gen for an extra year depriving yourself of the next gen experience now? The only reason i could see is money being tight.

Again though, why listen to me? lol
Old 02-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

I started playing The Show on PS3 in 2012 and I still am. I see a big difference this year in "PS4 Only" because the PS3 can't handle all that. If you play mostly online in MLB it's so dead on PS3. If I had the money it wouldn't even be a question.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #21
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Now that SOTS is on PS4, might as well make the jump.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #22
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

It's going to be all about numbers for the PS3 version(I think...obviously)

Ramone just about said so on that radio show he did....that as long as people support the PS3 version(buy)....SCEA will continue to make it.

I think that's obvious...but that also tells me that SCEA isn't particularly saying XX year is when we stop the PS3 version.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Starducket Moon's Arena

Once all indications were SOTS was going to the PS4 I went and bought the PS4. That was all that kept me in the PS3. After I bought the PS4, two days later the twitch confirming SOTS was aired. So I'm personally thrilled. It is what it is. This makes me happy. I'll earn the money back. I wanted to not feel like I sacrificed anything by upgrading my console. All I lost was $350 + tax and for me it was invested into something I enjoy immensely. To each their own.

On a side note, I ended up not trading in the PS3 as I planned because the return was about $60. It's now my bluray player that I can play Batman on. So in my twisted mind I feel like I got a great deal on something I already owned. Perspective.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #24
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1

To answer the question that was asked, the financial aspect of it is not an issue. I have a bunch of air miles that I get through my credit card so I can get merchandise so I can buy a PS4 essentially for nothing. So why is there any debate? Mostly because my use of it is going to be limited... I think last year I got through just under three quarters of a full season because I play a lot of world of tanks online and I'm busy with a lot of other stuff like flying radio control helicopters and planes and other stuff... and technically I could buy MLB 16 for the PS3 and not have another item sitting on my entertainment unit. Like I said I have a bunch of games for the PS3 that I've not played yet. I used to be a big Madden junkie before it moved to the console and I got tired of all the cheese balls that run on line games with only three plays in the repertoire. I used to really like NCAA football but stupid Ed O'Bannon lawsuit killed that. As somebody said earlier I guess probably by next year I'll have to buy a PS4 so I'll probably just buy it this year I guess. I'll keep the PS3 and I'll play the games that I have on it or just keep her for a Blu-ray player as was mentioned. Thanks for listening to my hemming and Hawwing of indecision. Looking at the different features that will be limited and not on the PS3 is probably the main reason I decided I'll just buy the PS4. Otherwise there's no real reason to buy MLB 16 other than roster update ...thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »