Home

PS3 versus PS4

This is a discussion on PS3 versus PS4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: PS3 versus PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious
I have a PS3 and played MLB 15 on it last year, I'm debating about getting a PS4 specifically for MLB 16 this year. No I noticed they are putting out MLB 16 for the PS3 still. What do you guys think? Is it worth getting a PS4 this year or just run the PS3 another year? I don't really play my console all that much, really the only thing I played last year was MLB, and I still have several games for my PS3 that I haven't played that I'm planning to. Obviously I don't need to get rid of the PS3, but I'm just wondering if I'll notice much difference. Do you think the new features for the PS4 versus PS3 are significant enough to warrant it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would you even have up for debate in whether to get the PS3 version of the PS4 version for MLB 16? Its like an easy answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 26

There are a few games I'd like to get that are on PS4 that I'd like to play-Nobunga's Ambition. Dragon Quest Heroes, and a few others-but first I'd rather get a PS3 with backward compatibility. I really don't have a lot of PS3 games, and there would have to be a lot of games out there that I really wanted before I made the switch. I like The Show as well as anyone, but I'm really not going to ever buy a console for any one sports game.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I have a PS3 and played MLB 15 on it last year, I'm debating about getting a PS4 specifically for MLB 16 this year. No I noticed they are putting out MLB 16 for the PS3 still. What do you guys think? Is it worth getting a PS4 this year or just run the PS3 another year? I don't really play my console all that much, really the only thing I played last year was MLB, and I still have several games for my PS3 that I haven't played that I'm planning to. Obviously I don't need to get rid of the PS3, but I'm just wondering if I'll notice much difference. Do you think the new features for the PS4 versus PS3 are significant enough to warrant it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, I'm SHOCKED to run into another Rockies fan in the wild. I thought I was the only one...

I had been skipping The Show for the last few years, because I felt that there was no "definitive edition". I'm of the opinion that Sounds of the Show is MASSIVE in terms of the atmosphere of the games. So, the absence of that caused me to not go to the PS4 version. But, the PS3 version obviously had worse graphics, and was missing some of the new features that were being implemented on PS4. It just left me deflated, and I ended up passing for years, not even feeling motivated to play the PS3 version of MLB 13: The Show that I already owned.

Now that Sounds of the Show is coming back on PS4, I'm all in. I'm ESPECIALLY excited that I'm about to experience a generational leap AND 3 years worth of improvements. I just hope that progression and new rookie generation is thoroughly ironed out, for maximum enjoyment of long franchises. These things are tricky, and the tiniest tweak can throw it all out of whack.

For other sports games, I'm hoping that the NHL series will re-implement custom soundtracks now that Sounds of the Show is back, so I can jump back into that series as well. Same for Madden, but I also need Madden to re-implement CPU vs CPU in offline franchise that they removed in Madden '13, and have had no interest in bringing back.

Other than sports games, I'm all about Turn-Based RPGs, and Turn-Based Strategy RPGs. I recently got into the Persona series, and had planned to get the PS3 version of Persona 5 (which I have a feeling will not even be coming here). Now that I'm getting a PS4, I can go ahead and get that version. I'm also hoping that the PS4 version of Dragon Quest 11 remains truly turn-based.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
First of all, I'm SHOCKED to run into another Rockies fan in the wild. I thought I was the only one...
You're not alone. I too am a Rockies fan. But it's not easy being a Rockies fan these days. It's as if the organization purposely wants to finish in last place every year. Not sure how this year's MLB The Show rosters from SCEA will look, and I have had more success using the Rockies in this game that the real world team has had. However I was looking at the most up to date OSFM rosters with all the recent 2016 trades and free agency activity and the Rockies roster is pretty depressing. Most of the team is in the 70s when it comes to over all ratings and their first baseman Ben Paulsen is a 61? He can't be that bad can he? It's tempting to try another team this year. But I have a hard time imagining playing for any other National League team and I am not a fan of the DH in the American League though there are a handful of teams I think playing with might be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
I had been skipping The Show for the last few years
I am still on the fence with MLB The Show 16. It's more of a time issue with me though. Will I have the time to play the game the way I like playing it.

Last edited by My993C2; 02-19-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #29
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
To answer the question that was asked, the financial aspect of it is not an issue. I have a bunch of air miles that I get through my credit card so I can get merchandise so I can buy a PS4 essentially for nothing. So why is there any debate?
I think you answered your own question.

Quote:
Otherwise there's no real reason to buy MLB 16 other than roster update ...thx
I disagree quite much...this iteration looks to be much more involved than last year. I think the franchise stream will be very telling of how far '16 is from '15.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Well of course but to me the question that needs to be answered is this. If MLB 2017 was a ps4 only game, would you then buy the ps4 and game? If the answer is somewhere along the lines of "yes, because i couldn't play MLB 16 for two years" then its a no brainer to me to get the ps4 now regardless. Why delay the inevitable and stick with last gen for an extra year depriving yourself of the next gen experience now? The only reason i could see is money being tight.

Again though, why listen to me? lol
I would buy the PS4 in that case for sure. I might just buy the thing when 16 drops. I was planning on waiting for a deal for the console with the larger hard drive TBH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »