Home

inside edge?

This is a discussion on inside edge? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: inside edge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
No to Inside Edge Daily Player Matchup or No to IE period? As one of the other posters mentioned and as the 2k video showed, IE was one of the major reasons I was even thinking about 2k baseball. IMO..for years it has been one of the major additions missing in SHOW.
I don't want to put words in Ramon's mouth, but my guess is it is a no to IE period in franchise. I hope I am wrong and it was a misunderstanding with the Daily Player Matchup.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #18
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillion245
I don't want to put words in Ramon's mouth, but my guess is it is a no to IE period in franchise. I hope I am wrong and it was a misunderstanding with the Daily Player Matchup.
That's too bad as I don't use Diamond Dynasty but really would like Inside Edge for season mode.

Maybe for 17 then.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
That's too bad as I don't use Diamond Dynasty but really would like Inside Edge for season mode.

Maybe for 17 then.
Maybe for 17 indeed. 2k got IE during their 2k6 iteration and it developed into a big feature for them. Since DD has it this year we at least know the license is secure, so maybe we will be seeing it expanded into Franchise in 17 and beyond.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #20
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

one thing that's good about the Show using IE is pitchers accurate repertoire ought to improve on default rosters. I don't know if the Show is currently using FX's info, but from what I've read in the Sporting News is FX is up to 20% incorrect on identetifying pitch information, but Inside Edge redoes that info to make that almost 100% accurate.

Syracuse #44
Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #21
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMacc
That's really intriguing, i played the 2k baseball series for like 6 years and never really appreciated inside edge i guess. But if the Show incorporated numbers and stats like that, and Matty V and co made reference to them, it would really add a lot to presentation and the pitcher/batter battle.

In RTTS, you can see your own stats against every pitcher and team, and the commentators make reference to how well you do against a certain pitcher, but they never give specific stats like in that video.

Hopefully the Show can continue to incorporate inside edge into their game and really take full advantage of it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #22
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I can only imagine that Sony will incorporate inside edge in other game modes down the road. I mean this could do wonders for Season/Franchise in game stat overlay presentations including the commentary talking about all the stats. This is the first year for inside edge so I guess they wanted to do it for one game mode at a time and I guess Diamond Dynasty made the most sense for year one.

I just hope we can look at the back of any players baseball card and see there MLB career stats in 16

Last edited by tnixen; 02-18-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #23
Rookie

Icon12 Re: inside edge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I can only imagine that Sony will incorporate inside edge in other game modes down the road. I mean this could do wonders for Season/Franchise in game stat overlay presentations including the commentary talking about all the stats. This is the first year for inside edge so I guess they wanted to do it for one game mode at a time and I guess Diamond Dynasty made the most sense for year one.

I just hope we can look at the back of any players baseball card and see there MLB career stats in 16
If you didn't see the DD stream I would suggest taking a look at it stat
Old 02-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #24
Pro

bamabound2010's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Under/Over 25 on how many new threads tnixen will start before release day.

Over.

M.K.
Knight165

Over but I love it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Chicago Cubs
Atlanta Braves
New Orleans Saints
Memphis Grizzles

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »