Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2016, 02:12 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Yeah the difficulty change will be nice but I wonder why Bullpen Fatigue was even turned off this past year in the first place. Were they trying to cater to certain gamers or something?

Also, balks were OFF in MLB15 but will be ON in 16. This was mentioned in another stream, though.
I think they said balks are still OFF, but you can push R2 to pause the game for 3 seconds when batting so they cant quick pitch you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 02:44 AM   #42
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
I like that the Difficulty will change with each Division you go up, and Bullpen Fatigue so you cant use the same pitcher every game. DD with Friends will be really neat. All the Flashbacks, Legends and the Missions will be fun. This year is going to be awesome in Diamond Dynasty. You guys rule!
I'm actually in favor of playing online at lower difficulty settings mainly due to pitch speed. Playing CoTW you see the pitch speed difference ramp up easily or at least it seems like there is a significant ramp-up. The speed in DD in 15 is about as high as I'd want it to go since if it was faster it would only entice people even more to play a certain way. i.e. load up on fireballers and pitch up and in, then bring in Neshek or whoever else has a huge speed differential between pitches. Gets old fast and with higher input lag displays (I have one) even when you know it's coming every pitch it's extremely hard to hit 100 mph up and in.

Since both players play with the same difficulty I've never had an issue with it in DD. It always seemed fair to me. This year it might prevent newer players from ever making up to higher leagues if everytime they reach a new tier they immediately get knocked down again due to the difficulty spike between levels.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:10 AM   #43
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

I love the changes they made to Diamond Dynasty.

As for the higher tax for selling cards, I don't see a problem there. The market is goint to adjust and there will be a bigger difference between sell now & buy now prices.

Great!
Old 02-19-2016, 08:15 AM   #44
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

It sounds like there are some measure of detailed stats that will be in which is best thing about '16 imo. Hopefully these "new" stats are for RttS as well.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

That stat tracking better be in franchise mode or its a wash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #46
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
It sounds like there are some measure of detailed stats that will be in which is best thing about '16 imo. Hopefully these "new" stats are for RttS as well.
Oh my god, if these stats are NOT in RttS AND Franchise, this will be the biggest honeydick in the history of MLB The Show(Maybe not, but to me it will be).

I don't know if I would be able to forgive them.

Give me stats...MOAR stats!!
Old 02-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #47
Rookie

LeftyShortstop's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
Oh my god, if these stats are NOT in RttS AND Franchise, this will be the biggest honeydick in the history of MLB The Show(Maybe not, but to me it will be).

It has to show up in franchise but there may not be a need to use it in RTTS. It would be a great addition though.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #48
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19

Well, we know it's obviously in Franchise but I wouldn't be surprised if its not in DD. In Franchise it makes sense because you build your roster, lineups, rotations, etc. In RttS it doesn't make as much sense because you only control the development of your player. People may want to see more stats on their individual player though, so its possible.

I was hoping inside edge would be in franchise since it was in DD, turns out it wont be. So you never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »