Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I am very curious about how their WAR calculation will play out. I am assuming that their stats might be coming from Inside Edge, but as far as I know they don't put out any public WAR stats. Looking at it it does seem to lean a bit more offensively than Fangraphs and more towards BR when you look at other offensive/DH type players similar to Ortiz. It also looks a bit odd that it is to two decimal places, but that may just be to differentiate it from fWAR and bWAR.

What matters though is how they calculate this with user generated stats. i.e. Simmed franchise, RTTS, etc. I'm assuming that the calculation they are using must only use the stats (or ratings) that the game can track other wise it would be useless to have career WAR.

edit: Just watched the stream. Definitely not happy if classic stadiums will be available in ranked DD games. I was surprised when that came up since they seemed to spend a lot of time talking about making sure people can't exploit the missions and rewards systems, but with 279 and 258 ft down the lines I wonder which stadium people will use to boost offensive missions/stats. But most of all I'm sure many people here remember on PS3 how often you had to play at Polo Grounds. It just gets boring to play there so often. Hopefully the classic stadiums will be rare and expensive to buy so people won't want to spend stubs on them and Polo will come up less often. I love that they are in the game, but I don't like them for ranked online modes.
I'm not a fan of WAR but as long as it is just a stat and not used in any way as an attribute that's fine. It seems like calculating it would require a lot of code.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Is there anything to get out of that stream for somebody who thinks modes like DD is solely for kids?

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk
Why do you think it's for kids? I could see if you just said I don't like the mode but these modes DD mut myteam are the most popular modes and adults spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on them so it's not just for kids.
I don't know if you play madden or 2k but if you don't like DD or think it won't continue to grow and get likely the most attention of the modes your going be very upset. These modes are straight up cash cows for these developers and even though you don't like it you should be glad it's there because the more money they make off DD the more gets invested back to the game overall.

There's no issue if you don't like it but saying it's just for kids is silly that's the equivalent of me saying Francise is only for people over 30 it makes absolutely zero sense.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #51
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I like that they added Persistent bullpen fatigue!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12744213.jpg (187.8 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 02-19-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #52
Rookie

Ok, I have been waiting for a Chipper Jones legend for a while now.

They mentioned him in the stream, in that he would NOT be a flashback card which makes sense, but didn't mention either way if he might be a legend. He seems like such an obvious candidate since a lot of people grew up watching him are a large demographic of players.

You think he might be in guys, or does the denial of a flashback mean he is most likely out.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #53
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Why do you think it's for kids? I could see if you just said I don't like the mode but these modes DD mut myteam are the most popular modes and adults spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on them so it's not just for kids.
I don't know if you play madden or 2k but if you don't like DD or think it won't continue to grow and get likely the most attention of the modes your going be very upset. These modes are straight up cash cows for these developers and even though you don't like it you should be glad it's there because the more money they make off DD the more gets invested back to the game overall.

There's no issue if you don't like it but saying it's just for kids is silly that's the equivalent of me saying Francise is only for people over 30 it makes absolutely zero sense.
Hopefully they use some of that money they make from this mode to get more and more brands in the game like New Balance and Adidas.

And use some of that money to expand their team so it makes it easier on all of them and they can attack more problems each year.

I assume that's what any extra money could be used for anyways.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #54
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

So a question from someone who has not spent much, if any, time in Diamond Dynasty. I realize it really is an online mode but some of the content in regards to Captains and missions looks like they could be interesting. Are there any offline components to the mode that would make it worth a look for those of us who like the idea of compiling a team but have little to no interest to playing online?
Old 02-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #55
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
So a question from someone who has not spent much, if any, time in Diamond Dynasty. I realize it really is an online mode but some of the content in regards to Captains and missions looks like they could be interesting. Are there any offline components to the mode that would make it worth a look for those of us who like the idea of compiling a team but have little to no interest to playing online?
According to Nick you'll be able to accumulate tickets outside of diamond dynasty, which you'll then be able to use in the captains stores. That's one way of compiling a team without actually playing online. And like last year, you'll be able to play the computer with your DD team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #56
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezchezpez
Ok, I have been waiting for a Chipper Jones legend for a while now.

They mentioned him in the stream, in that he would NOT be a flashback card which makes sense, but didn't mention either way if he might be a legend. He seems like such an obvious candidate since a lot of people grew up watching him are a large demographic of players.

You think he might be in guys, or does the denial of a flashback mean he is most likely out.
I think any HOF should be in DD whether it's their rookie card, MVP/prime year...something. To your question, I do hope Chipper ('99 version!) is available.

<= [Look at avatar] I mean...hey...SCEA knows him pretty well.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »