Home

Career Stats and SABR Confirmed

This is a discussion on Career Stats and SABR Confirmed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Career Stats and SABR Confirmed

Will career stats show up on the player card for each year & team they played for?
Old 02-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Will career stats show up on the player card for each year & team they played for?
Probably won't know about that until the Franchise stream in a few weeks.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #11
Rookie

g-burn's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll be curious to see if WAR will have any affect on MVP and Cy Young awards. It always bugged me that the Cy Young in the Show always went to the pitcher with the most wins and not the best all around pitcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #12
MVP

Lol, even though I'm just 25, I'm seriously old school. We survived 100 years without War, UZR, and the like. I can't stand, for instance, the saber metric guys saying strikeouts don't matter! It used to be batters took pride in not striking out. Heck, Joe D once had less than 30 strikeouts a season, guys now get that in a couple weeks. I get some of the stats are useful, but man, do we really need to know a players Siera? Lol, heard that one on the radio once, thought they were talking about Ruben Siera!
Old 02-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #13
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Career Stats and SABR Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-burn
I'll be curious to see if WAR will have any affect on MVP and Cy Young awards. It always bugged me that the Cy Young in the Show always went to the pitcher with the most wins and not the best all around pitcher.

I mentioned this before, but this would be the minimum to make the WAR addition meaningful. They may not want to just give it to highest WAR, but at least factor that in so that the top 3 are the top 3 in WAR or close to it. I never really pay attention to the awards anymore due to this, but maybe they'll be meaningful this year. If this was the only thing WAR was used for by the games AI is be satisfied as it would be a big step forward.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-21-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Lol, even though I'm just 25, I'm seriously old school. We survived 100 years without War, UZR, and the like.
We also survived over 4.5 billion years without electricity, running water, etc. but those things sure are nice to have as a bonus, aren't they?
Old 02-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #15
MVP

Hahaha, true. But in a lot of ways, a good amount of those kind of stats are projection based. They love to computerize everything, and try and tell you that a guy like Heyward, just because of his War, is worth the huge contract he got, when in reality, when you look at his "baseball stats," he's not worth nearly as much as he got. I'm sorry, but 13 homers and 60 some odd RBI isn't worth that. Guess it just bugs me! And don't get me started on shifts, I think they give up just as much hits as they take away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #16
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
We also survived over 4.5 billion years without electricity, running water, etc. but those things sure are nice to have as a bonus, aren't they?
Are you repping bacteria, my friend? lol. Humankind ain't been around nearly that long. Point well taken though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Hahaha, true. But in a lot of ways, a good amount of those kind of stats are projection based. They love to computerize everything, and try and tell you that a guy like Heyward, just because of his War, is worth the huge contract he got, when in reality, when you look at his "baseball stats," he's not worth nearly as much as he got. I'm sorry, but 13 homers and 60 some odd RBI isn't worth that. Guess it just bugs me! And don't get me started on shifts, I think they give up just as much hits as they take away.
"Projection-based" means it's yet to happen. The SABR stuff can be either for the past or the future.

Different people define their "baseball stats" in different ways. If it means bubble gum stats to you, then that's cool. That's all I cared about 25 years ago when I was a young turk.

But if all you consider is HR and RBI, c'mon into the present with the rest of us, will you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »