Home

20 New MLB The Show 16 Screenshots

This is a discussion on 20 New MLB The Show 16 Screenshots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #73
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 20 New MLB The Show 16 Screenshots

This game looks absolutely gorgeous.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #74
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Honest question since you said you're "pretty much okay with" with other additions.

If they spent a year and worked on nothing but player models and everything else you mentioned above and nothing else would you be here posting about how happy you were or would you find something else that went untouched to complain about?

Not to answer for him but... I'm always very happy with The Show and play it constantly. It's always fun and immersive. The problem he's mentioning is that every other graphical part of the game has been worked on. The player models haven't been changed. They made a nice improvement with different running styles around the bases, but the player models are not good and I think it's fair to say that.

I, for one, will never not the buy the game over one thing not being updated, and I'll always enjoy it. But player models are definitely overdue for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
On the scoreboard, the lineups to the right switch to the home and away team depending on who's batting. Also, the bottom right has the time and temperature.

Thanks Ramone!
I think I went to the same game as that top picture you posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (145.4 KB, 249 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #76
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

I wonder how time consuming and difficult it would be for them to completely rip out the current player models from the code and install new ones. Hopefully the fact that the current player models have been in the game for so long doesn't mean that replacing them would cause all sorts of deep-rooted issues with other aspects of the game code.

I've been wanting a completely different player creation system for years; hopefully this is something that can be looked at next year. As it currently stands, they've taken care of so much else, (much to their credit!), so I can't think of any other massive changes that need to be made at this point. Getting ever closer to perfection!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #77
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
I wonder how time consuming and difficult it would be for them to completely rip out the current player models from the code and install new ones. Hopefully the fact that the current player models have been in the game for so long doesn't mean that replacing them would cause all sorts of deep-rooted issues with other aspects of the game code.

I've been wanting a completely different player creation system for years; hopefully this is something that can be looked at next year. As it currently stands, they've taken care of so much else, (much to their credit!), so I can't think of any other massive changes that need to be made at this point. Getting ever closer to perfection!
Pretty sure that's exactly the reason why.

I don't think they could do it very easily, and I don't even think they will try at first.

I expect they will try to modify them and see what they can get out of them visually so they can keep all the animations intact.

I don't think we will see totally new models from the ground up for a few years.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #78
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger

Nope it's the exact opposite changing them means the entire animation core no longer works. But we aren't talking about next year or the future. I'll just say that body type diversity and granularity is high on our list for 17, but that's not an indication of diddly. That's about all we'll say on the topic for now. We will continue to move forward with our process just like we did from the first year of PS3 until now. So far we've done ok by following that plan.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #79
MVP

Thanks for the pictures. I only play franchise - what mode is Matchup rating? It looks like turmoil.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #80
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope it's the exact opposite changing them means the entire animation core no longer works. But we aren't talking about next year or the future. I'll just say that body type diversity and granularity is high on our list for 17, but that's not an indication of diddly. That's about all we'll say on the topic for now. We will continue to move forward with our process just like we did from the first year of PS3 until now. So far we've done ok by following that plan.
Well, there we go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »