Home

MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #9
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For me if logo transfer isn't in I will be very bummed. Excited to get into DD early, but not without my logo. Even they just let us import out old one as a flattened image later into the editor that would be good enough for me as long as it was a high quality image they import. The flatten it and display it on theshownation site, but those are pretty low quality.

For its not in I'll probably play other modes until I can muster up the strength to recreate it. For those that spent a lot of time designing their logo it is a tedious process to go through.
It was nice that Nick at least mentioned that they'd look into it during the DD stream. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to transfer logos across versions but we obviously don't know what is involved to make that happen.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For me if logo transfer isn't in I will be very bummed. Excited to get into DD early, but not without my logo. Even if they just let us import our old one as a flattened image layer into the editor that would be good enough for me as long as it was a high quality image they import. They flatten it and display it on theshownation site, but those are pretty low quality.

If its not in I'll probably play other modes until I can muster up the strength to recreate it. For those that spent a lot of time designing their logo it is a tedious process to go through.
I'm in the same boat. I probably spent around three hours finessing my DD logo and unis (yeah, I'm pretty meticulous) and it would be cool to not have to go through that again. I will if I have to, but I wouldn't look forward to it.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #11
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
It was nice that Nick at least mentioned that they'd look into it during the DD stream. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to transfer logos across versions but we obviously don't know what is involved to make that happen.

That is why I would be more than satisfied if they just let us import the image of our logo. One that is flattened with all the layers like on TheShowNation. I know they want to implement things "right", but in a case like this after several years I'd take a cobbled together import. At least so we could trace over our old logos if it was just an image import from 15. It would save DD players from 15 hours. Hours they could be playing DD and possibly even spending cash...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #12
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

Just not my mode..I hope they put as much time and effort in franchise mode this year as they have the gimmick modes...
Old 02-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #13
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
Just not my mode..I hope they put as much time and effort in franchise mode this year as they have the gimmick modes...
Gimmick modes? Definitely not.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #14
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3
Hoping you can still play other DD teams offline. "Extra Innings" games. Didn't see that option in the stream.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #15
Rookie

masterchaoss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
For jersey logos, I usually make a solid color script logo for the front, group it together, duplicate that group of layers four times over and then change the color of the fonts on those duplicate layers to whatever color I want the outline to be. Once I do that, I bring the colored original script logo to the front and then adjust the placement of the duplicate groups behind it, moving them out diagonally, all in opposite directions until they create an outline effect.

The end result looks really good, especially if you stack up multiple colored outlines. If you look at it closely in the logo template, its not flawless but on the uniforms in game, they look damn near perfect.
There is actually a better way than that it starts the same with grouping and duplication but there is but if you look there is an option called expand you can find by Flippin past the move and scew modes, it'll make everything completely uniform and even.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 11:29 PM   #16
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchaoss
There is actually a better way than that it starts the same with grouping and duplication but there is but if you look there is an option called expand you can find by Flippin past the move and scew modes, it'll make everything completely uniform and even.
Really?! Cool! I must have just totally overlooked that option when I was working on my jerseys last April! If it works that well and keeps everything totally even, thats awesome news, it will cut way down on my layers used!

Good lookin out, man! Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »