Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 04:51 AM   #49
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2
i know The Show is a great franchise and this game looks really good, but there is something that in my opinion needs to be changed asap which is players models. I don't know how, if it's the legs, the pants or what else but when looking at games players still look different from their virtual counterparts when it comes to jerseys etc
Old 02-23-2016, 04:58 AM   #50
Just started!

remduc1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop)

Ramone and the team. A pre emptive Great Job!!! Every issue i had with last years game(bunting,stealing,pickoffs,baseleads and precision input) you have talked about it being addressed. Heck Yeah Boys. You will have me down for the $99 digital version, afterall this is the game that swayed me to a ps4 instead of the xboxone.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 8

Video looks great. Two smallish gripes...Yankees uniform numbers are still way too low, so I guess they still are using the old template...and when they showed Tanaka's windup, it was still ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #52
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Ramone, I know this may be a bit nit picky but could you please fix this eyesore? Also the two small ad boards change very inning. I caught a glimpse in the video and it appears that it is the same is 15.

Last edited by JayD; 02-23-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #53
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
That new hitting camera with the longer "hold" on the flight path of the ball (instead of a sudden cut-scene) is awesome! Does anyone know if that is ONLY for no-doubter HR's ... or is that the new "normal" for all hits?
Old 02-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #54
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
That new hitting camera with the longer "hold" on the flight path of the ball (instead of a sudden cut-scene) is awesome! Does anyone know if that is ONLY for no-doubter HR's ... or is that the new "normal" for all hits?

I've seen it on various hits and it looks beatiful!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #55
Just started!

Wow this game looks freaking awesome. Everything we've been shown so far is very impressive.

No matter how great the game looks, I unfortunately always seem to come up with minor nitpicks.

In the video I noticed that the catcher masks still have the old school beige padding behind the cage. Almost all catcher mask padding is colour coordinated with team colours these days.

On Donaldson's walk off homerun at the end of the video I noticed that the Blue Jays third jersey still somewhat shows the white tear on the left shoulder seam (as seen on the 3rd base coach) like last year. This was a bit of a distraction for me last year. I hope this gets fixed up prior to release this year.

Blue Jays back stop ad board is a little too far off center. Needs to be moved over a little bit to the right when viewed from the broadcast angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #56
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
It is cool, but I hope the sudden cut scenes are still in the game too. I found them oddly satisfying. That might be a bit pavlovian though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »