Home

Last Month of MLB 15: What do you play?

This is a discussion on Last Month of MLB 15: What do you play? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #33
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Last Month of MLB 15: What do you play?

Since it was mentioned that maybe you could get a reward for completing collections in the stream I might go back and finish some I left undone. I have a ton of stubs that are useless since I stopped playing DD.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #34
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Since it was mentioned that maybe you could get a reward for completing collections in the stream I might go back and finish some I left undone. I have a ton of stubs that are useless since I stopped playing DD.

Question for guys that have finished card collections in DD:

I figure most of you got the majority of each team's player cards by playing the game and buying packs? Did you get any/most cards from the marketplace?

Personally, I haven't been big on collecting legends or anything so I haven't tried to gain all cards for each team/collection. But I have played this game a ton and gained player cards/packs and have also bought a fair share of packs. I was checking my collections last night to see how many I had close to being completed and for most teams I had 13-18 cards for each collection, which is a little less than half for most teams.

DD hasnt been my main mode but I have had a blast with it this year. Again, I'm not striving to complete these collections but for you guys that have, how did you get most of the cards required to complete your collections? Seems like you would have to play nonstop, buy a ton of packs, or be very active on the marketplace?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:25 PM   #35
Rookie

einjzmolf's Arena

Just started a new RTTS RF today actually. May have set a record for fastest track to the bigs ever haha.

3 games in AA, when the AAA RF tears his MCL. Called up to AAA, play 3 games, Jay Bruce breaks a leg. One week in and they knew I was ready! Put me in coach!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #36
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Question for guys that have finished card collections in DD:

I figure most of you got the majority of each team's player cards by playing the game and buying packs? Did you get any/most cards from the marketplace?

Personally, I haven't been big on collecting legends or anything so I haven't tried to gain all cards for each team/collection. But I have played this game a ton and gained player cards/packs and have also bought a fair share of packs. I was checking my collections last night to see how many I had close to being completed and for most teams I had 13-18 cards for each collection, which is a little less than half for most teams.

DD hasnt been my main mode but I have had a blast with it this year. Again, I'm not striving to complete these collections but for you guys that have, how did you get most of the cards required to complete your collections? Seems like you would have to play nonstop, buy a ton of packs, or be very active on the marketplace?

I bought maybe a few packs to see what they had in them. Everything else I got by playing the market. A few random cards from rewards, but I only got a few gold and play cards randomly.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:52 PM   #37
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
I bought maybe a few packs to see what they had in them. Everything else I got by playing the market. A few random cards from rewards, but I only got a few gold and play cards randomly.
Yeah, playing the market is definitely the way to go. When I was still going for completion I'd use the web app throughout the day, earning maybe 5-10k Stubs per day.

Finishing up collections should be a lot easier now. Most of the Silvers/Golds are dirt cheap, except for overpriced guys like Cliff Lee (who happens to be the key to unlocking Mike Schmidt).
Old 02-26-2016, 11:05 PM   #38
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:

Well finished up the ones I had left. Even after buying Lee, Cutch, etc I still have over 50k stubs. Really hope you can't stack your team so easily next year. For god sakes I have four Donaldsons.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #39
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Season mode still playing '15 I'm still in July schedule of 2015 season lol. Definitely will continue to play and transfer season over to '16 with Dodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 11:58 PM   #40
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

Going to continue my own Franchise with the Brewers in year 1 (currently 62-66 heading into September) I plan to make it all the way until the end of the World Series and then start the Offseason once I get 16 THE SHOW (Cause I am very excited to see the improvements to THE SHOW 16's Offseason in Franchise)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »