Home

MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #9
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations

I'd LOVE to be able to edit hot/cold zones.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #10
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Agree I want online franchise and offline the same. I understand minor league games not being in but everything else should.

Everything the OP posted regarding online.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Ability to edit service time.
Second.

Roster editing is SO much more cumbersome than it has to be. More powerful roster management tools could shave months off the time it takes to complete a roster. Global edits, ability to swap out entire teams...these could allow multiple people to simultaneously work on a single roster. And, of course, the ability to transfer rosters over to the next version would be the ultimate breakthrough.

I'd prefer a windows-based editor that could be used to directly edit roster files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 06:40 PM   #12
MVP

Syce's Arena

i would just like scouting to be actually useful this year. in 15 there basically was no point to send scouts out to find new players because they were all junk except maybe a few gems but they were difficult to find. while it is basically true in real life, i want to be able to draft a good player who could be ready for the big leagues in a season or 2 not wait 5+ before they are actually useful in the show.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:08 PM   #13
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i would just like scouting to be actually useful this year. in 15 there basically was no point to send scouts out to find new players because they were all junk except maybe a few gems but they were difficult to find. while it is basically true in real life, i want to be able to draft a good player who could be ready for the big leagues in a season or 2 not wait 5+ before they are actually useful in the show.
Yea the 5 and 6 year eta's are ridiculous unless they are under 18
Old 02-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #14
Giddy up!

MetsFanInPA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I haven't seen it but I'd like the durability rating split into a separate injury rating. So a guy like Tulo may play 9-10 games if not injured but he's got like a 45% chance of getting injured at a given time.

I'm excited to see this Inside Edge stuff and how its integrated.

I'm hopeful they intertwine MLB Network!
Would be absolutely incredible. I'm hoping for this as well.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #15
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

They said that they have worked a lot on franchise but I'm not hoping for anything since I don't want to get my hopes up. Just going to watch the video that's released Tuesday and then tune into the stream on Thursday. So far though I like what I've heard about franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #16
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I want an owner mode, with everything that used to be in the game back to start with. I want control over pricing of tickets, concessions, merch, ect. I want TV contracts. I want to be able to add seating and improve the stadium, ect.

I'd like to have the ability to hire and fire the team's GM, and to have that really mean something. A good GM should make it easier to hire a good manager or sign the best free agents, and should have skills (good or bad) that make trading with the other teams easier or harder. I would like to then also have some variation in how well he works with the scouts, to both effect the quality and quantity of their scouting reports for prospects.

And pie in the sky as it may be, I want a stadium creator/editor. If I'm in control of a team that has a lousy field, I want to be able to design a new one and move into it. That doesn't have to mean relocating from the city/area, but more something like the Braves will be doing soon. This can help with increasing attendance and making money, but also just to get a field that looks and feels better/cooler than some of the ones out there for personal preference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »