Home

MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations

I can't believe someone said this and the forum didn't go crazy for it. HOW ABOUT WE FIX WHAT HAPPENS 5 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE?!? If people are going to take the time to put all the prospects in the game (thanks!!) then in 5 years, when the next set of Red Sox players are taking over my team, I don't want every rotation to have 3 99 overall pitchers who throw 104 MPH. This is the best sport to do a 5-10 year sim and play, and The Show ruined that for us last year.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #50
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
I can't believe someone said this and the forum didn't go crazy for it. HOW ABOUT WE FIX WHAT HAPPENS 5 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE?!? If people are going to take the time to put all the prospects in the game (thanks!!) then in 5 years, when the next set of Red Sox players are taking over my team, I don't want every rotation to have 3 99 overall pitchers who throw 104 MPH. This is the best sport to do a 5-10 year sim and play, and The Show ruined that for us last year.
They addressed this in Tuesday's stream and said it's been fixed, fingers crossed.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #51
Rookie

ovm807's Arena

OVR: 4

The ability to sign any player to a minor league contract, even when there’s an open spot on your 40 man. At this point, if you sign a player with service time with an open 40 man spot, they automatically go on the 40 man.

A league minimum salary. When you promote a player who is making $90,000 their salary should automatically change to the MLB minimum.

The ability to have a player “learn” a new position. Have some type of progression the more he plays in that spot.

Editable managers and coaches. At the very least, let us change their numbers and cleats and what not even if we can’t edit their abilities. It is very annoying to have a coach wearing the same number as a player or wearing the generic cleats and not have the ability to change that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i would just like scouting to be actually useful this year. in 15 there basically was no point to send scouts out to find new players because they were all junk except maybe a few gems but they were difficult to find. while it is basically true in real life, i want to be able to draft a good player who could be ready for the big leagues in a season or 2 not wait 5+ before they are actually useful in the show.
There is room for improvement but I disagree scouting didn't generate future MLB players matching what you scouted for.

I wonder how you were going about scouting. You have to search every region for players fitting what you are looking for and you have to hire the best scouts. If you do it right you will get some good players.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #53
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
There is room for improvement but I disagree scouting didn't generate future MLB players matching what you scouted for.

I wonder how you were going about scouting. You have to search every region for players fitting what you are looking for and you have to hire the best scouts. If you do it right you will get some good players.
I have to agree with this. If you scout right you will not only find good players but also near MLB ready players. I'm in year 5 of my Franchise and one of my SP's, my starting C and my super sub were all drafted. They were all MLB ready within 2 years of being drafted.

My only complaint would be sometimes the near ready players are 18 or 19 rather than college aged players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #54
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

Really really really would love to see more robust stat tracking and commentary based on said stats. A great example would be this past season, Nolan Arenado set the MLB record for XBH by a 3B. That is an obscure fact and records and I would love to hear mentions of players approaching and achieving things like this. 15 did a great job of the big ones, steals, HR, hits, etc. and I would love to see them expand on things like this. Also, let me see a players career stats, awards, and accolades.

Very interested to see this season CAF/Player Edit options.

CANT WAIT!

Thank God I'll have two weeks of the Division to hold me over or I may go insane waiting for The Show 16, I am so damn amped!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:36 PM   #55
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

ok ive done this, ive only ever found a couple through several franchises. at the start of the franchise getting the best scouts is one of the very first things i do, i send them out to find new players for about a month, month and a half then i switch it to start scouting individual player potentials but rarely any of them come up good or better than what is already available to me from the initial scouted reports. But i will admit, i really dont know what the pitching and position player scouting bars are for, i tend to usually get the best scouts that have the highest discovery and highest efficiency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
They addressed this in Tuesday's stream and said it's been fixed, fingers crossed.
Oh, I didn't see the stream. Thanks a lot for the info. This would make the game a solid 10/10 for me. I realize it's not perfect, but it was a lot of fun to play last year, but simming and letting my younger players and prospects develop and playing full time is my favorite aspect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »