Home

MLB The Show Mobile App

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Mobile App within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
MLB The Show Mobile App

With all that has been added to this game this year, including stuff we do not even know about yet, it's going to be hard to make time to sit in front of the TV and unlock all that is available to us. I am not suggesting a mobile app where we can play games in real time on our mobile devices.

For example, the Captains stores update throughout the day! It is going to be hard to check into the store every time an item updates to be sure we don't miss out on any store specific legends/flashback cards.

A way to keep us in the loop without having to sit in front of our system all day to see all the new goodies available would be to have a companion app on our mobile device such as phone or tablet that allows us to check in to the stores and see what's new, no matter where we are. Sitting on the train commuting to work, on a lunch break, laying in bed, or even while in the middle of playing a game and cannot access the menus.

This app could also be used to check stats in RTTS or franchise, buy packs/update our squad and lineup in Diamond Dynasty and check the marketplace if you are trying to flip cards or get a low price on a player you need to complete a mission or collection.

Just another way we can all enjoy The Show wherever we are and keep up to the minute status of items in our captains store.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 12:46 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show Mobile App

I dont think they would do an app. They might have all that from the website i dont see why not.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
I dont think they would do an app. They might have all that from the website i dont see why not.
It could probably be found on their website but apps are easily accessible and more efficient when on the go compared to a laptop or loading the website on a mobile device.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
It could probably be found on their website but apps are easily accessible and more efficient when on the go compared to a laptop or loading the website on a mobile device.
Yeah, mobile apps do seem to be the wave of the future for UT modes. Many of the AAA sports titles have accompanying mobile apps these days, with FIFA being far and away the best for console UT management.

Will The Show finally get its own mobile app this year? Hard to say, but I'm almost hoping it doesn't (due to timesink concerns!).
Old 02-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

No. I do not want an app that would make it even easier for me to play the market when I'm at work and also make it easier for others to compete with me on the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #6
MVP

This Dev Team is magnitudes smaller than 2k or EA teams, they have to pick their battles carefully.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'd want it(and brought it up earlier this year in another thread somewhere) for franchise mode.

I'd love to be able to make my roster moves.....offer trades or just peruse my league on my IPad, Phone or Laptop.....that would free up the PS4 for just playing when I'm ready.
Many times I'll finish my franchise game and want to look around the league for a trade or make a roster move.....but I'm crushed for time and wind up leaving it for my next fire up on the PS4.....which often leaves me to not doing it and just getting into my next game.

This would alleviate that.

Just like the Fallout 4 app.....if you were able to run it concurrent with your game.....AWESOME.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #8
Rookie

An app to use with road to the show would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »