Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #41
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Has Begun - Presentation, Play-By-Play & Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Yeah i dont think that was why.
I'm a Sox fan..I'll take whatever I can get..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Has Begun - Presentation, Play-By-Play & Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarl76
Cost Toronto a championship!

I'm pretty sure it cost the Rangers a championship.

Game is looking better each and every week. Still hoping analog stride is back in this year.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #43
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Discuss here

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HD versions of the slides
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Presentation FEATURES list Slide 01.jpg (296.7 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg Presentation FEATURES list Slide 02.jpg (296.5 KB, 596 views)
File Type: jpg Presentation FEATURES list Slide 03.jpg (234.4 KB, 590 views)
Old 02-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #44
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Favorite nugget from the stream is that the announcers will mention player awards (Gold gloves, Silver sluggers) from the past year of franchise in future years. Last year it was only those winners from the previous real life year aka 2014, but now they are dynamic and are according to your franchise after you get to year 2. Hype overload, Tuesday and Thursdays franchise news might very well be the end of me.
I don't know if I can make it until March 29th.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

That Tulo commentary string was very impressive, but I hope people understand that that's entirely unstitched (per line, I know it stops and starts up again between pitches) and that the actual play by play calls will never sound that crisp (although it definitely sounds improved with the shorter lines). In addition, I'm a little wary of how often those long story parts will repeat. If you play as Toronto and hear that story about Tulo every few games, it's going to get old, fast. It's something about the basketball game that drives me crazy.

Love the Inside the Show improvements, apex fly ball stuff and shorter, more specific calls in general, as well as the different broadcast packages.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-25-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #46
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
That Tulo commentary string was very impressive, but I hope people understand that that's entirely unstitched and that the actual play by play calls will never sound that crisp (although it definitely sounds improved with the shorter lines). In addition, I'm a little wary of how often those long story parts will repeat. If you play as Toronto and hear that story about Tulo every few games, it's going to get old, fast. It's something about the basketball game that drives me crazy.

Love the Inside the Show improvements, apex fly ball stuff and shorter, more specific calls in general, as well as the different broadcast packages.
The one thing i always think of when people praise 2k commentary so much. That first game against a team is amazing. But then its just the same thing pretty much every other time you play them.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 5

Was anything mentioned in the stream about the shots of local points of interest outside the stadium? We saw some of those in earlier streams (the boats in Toronto, etc).

It would be surprising if this wasn't mentioned in the presentation stream, it wasn't mentioned in the features list.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #48
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
That Tulo commentary string was very impressive, but I hope people understand that that's entirely unstitched (per line, I know it stops and starts up again between pitches) and that the actual play by play calls will never sound that crisp (although it definitely sounds improved with the shorter lines). In addition, I'm a little wary of how often those long story parts will repeat. If you play as Toronto and hear that story about Tulo every few games, it's going to get old, fast. It's something about the basketball game that drives me crazy.

People will come out guns blazin' and holding pitchforks just watch.

Even after Kirby and Mike said they haven't tapped the full potential of system and will expand on it next year, someone will still complain about it. You know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »