Home

Classic Stadiums

This is a discussion on Classic Stadiums within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #17
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Stadiums

I'm just grateful to have them back. I love playing in the Polo Grounds! Such a vastly different feel from every other park in the game.

As a Pitt alum, I do wish they would add the Cathedral of Learning to the scenery outside Forbes Field, but I understand that the reference they were working from must've been before the Cathedral was built. I remember MVP Baseball 2005 had it in, and it was amazing!

Actually, a bit of the outfield wall is still there today:

And home plate still rests in its original location, but is now within Posvar Hall on Pitt's campus:

Old 02-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks Knight for posting that video. It brought a tear to my eye. We've lost all those great ballparks like Ebbets Field and the great voices of singers like Sinatra and announcers like Red Barber, Russ Hodges, Mel Allen, etc. What a shame.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #19
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
They are all correct to a certain year.

M.K.

Knight165

Agree, and the one and only way to do it.

As someone else, I'm curious to know what are the dimensions on those stadiums. If I remember the PS3 version , Polo Grounds had some marks on left/right fields and center field somewhere. Think so. Maybe I dreamed that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #20
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymule
I haven't seen 16's Shibe Park yet but the PS3 version had the left field stands all wrong. The posts and roof were incorrect.
If you mean the supports......they said they were accidentally omitted .....it was in a thread about this a few years back.

The overhang?...yes...it could be out further and lower as well.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #21
Pro

I'd like to use a classic stadium in my franchise but if it's anything like "relocating" a team in 15, I'll probably abandon it fairly quickly.

What I mean by this is I "relocated" Oakland to SF for my 3rd season but every home game I played at AT&T was a day game. I tried it for two weeks before I gave up and just played at O.co again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #22
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Also...it looks like they have them in and updated for the PS4 version.

Those stadiums are definitely not ports!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Why not? They put it Minute Maid Park in Houston.

I'm willing to give the developers a lot of slack here because they are under a ton of pressure to get every tiny detail and upgrade included in current MLB parks.

While they may not be the version of the park everybody wants they exist which is cool. I'm not a baseball historian but this topic interests me.

The version of Sportman's park appears to be the most recent version of the park. It was built in 1920 and in 1954 renovations took place which included removing seats in center field and replacing them with shrubbery.

I believe the final dimensions were Dimensions: LF 351 LCF 379 CF 420 RCF 354 RF 310. Left handed pull hitter's dream ballpark.

Shibe Park was built in 1909 and the higher wall in RF was added by Connie Mack in 1935 to block the view of people sitting on the roofs across the street because people selling roof top tickets were hurting attendance.

Attendance in the video is listed at 33,608 which was the attendance for the final configuration of the ballpark.

If the dimensions are also the final version they would be LF 334 LCF 387 CF 410 RCF 390 RF 329 and if those are the dimensions in the show I'll probably use Shibe because it is pitcher friendly but not extreme.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #24
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

That cathedral in Pittsburgh looks awesome. Im not overly sensitive to old stadiums but if that made it in that would be great!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »