Home

Classic Stadiums

This is a discussion on Classic Stadiums within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
cws
Rookie

cws's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon8 Classic Stadiums

Why is it that Sony does not do the classic stadiums correctly? Forbes is once again not the version that was used for 80 years. Shibe is incorrect.
The Polo Grounds is closest to it real life counterpart. These were not done from scratch - probably ports from PS3. The current stadiums are fantastic, but why do a mediocre job on the classics? Too bad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Classic Stadiums

Does Crosley finally have the incline in the OF?
Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I've seen the real images of these classic ballparks but I wouldn't be able to tell what was really lacking in MLB The Show unless I took an in-depth historical study of the actual ballparks.

What exactly is missing? I do know about the incline at Crosley was missing in PS3 but I can understand why they wouldn't be able to make it function correctly in the video game.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #4
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Why is it that Sony does not do the classic stadiums correctly? Forbes is once again not the version that was used for 80 years. Shibe is incorrect.
The Polo Grounds is closest to it real life counterpart. These were not done from scratch - probably ports from PS3. The current stadiums are fantastic, but why do a mediocre job on the classics? Too bad!
I'm no historian, but in regards to Forbes: th park was only open 61 years total, and it went through several renditions of expansion, adding seats, moving the fences in, etc. So I'm not sure what you mean by "the version that was used for 80 years."

It looks like the version in The Show 16 is meant to resemble the original from 1909 until 1925 when it underwent major changes.

Edit: In fact, I thought I heard one of the Devs say in one of the streams that the classic stadiums were all modeled after either their original design, or maybe the most well known design. Something like that.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 02-29-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

They are all correct to a certain year.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
We really need someone to get out to these stadiums and take some good photos... oh, wait.

And speaking of Shibe Park, you can easily tell that it's not a port from the PS3 version.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 02-29-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #7
MVP

I see on the calendar an entire stream will be devoted to the classic stadiums. I'm strongly considering using a classic stadium in my franchise and I'm trying to figure out the dimensions.

I want a stadium which plays pitcher friendly but not ridiculously so. I'm leaning toward Shibe but it really depends on dimensions which changed in some of those classic parks.

A wise man once told me never assume anything but I'm guessing/assuming these classic stadiums will have the same graphics and lighting as the others in the show 16. According to the calendar there is an entire stream devoted to classic stadiums. We should get the answer there.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
We really need someone to get out to these stadiums and take some good photos... oh, wait.

And speaking of Shibe Park, you can easily tell that it's not a port from the PS3 version.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Speaking of Shibe...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047930622

...although the fans on top of the roofs across the street kind of lost their view when the owner of the ballpark raised the right field wall specifically to prevent people from watching the games from the roofs so it's kind of a moot point. Still, I thought the old vs today view of those houses across the street was kind of cool to look at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »