Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

Will young quick developed players still start regresing at 28? It was one of the worst things on past the shows. I like to play and sim 50-50%, I love draft, develope the farm and the offseasons, but when I get to.. 2021 for example, Mookie Betts or Bogaerts, just in their prime start losing, 5-6 overall points.

Aside that every pitcher 4 years into the franchise throws 100mph fb and is 85+ overall at least.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #274
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serloar
Will young quick developed players still start regresing at 28? It was one of the worst things on past the shows. I like to play and sim 50-50%, I love draft, develope the farm and the offseasons, but when I get to.. 2021 for example, Mookie Betts or Bogaerts, just in their prime start losing, 5-6 overall points.

Aside that every pitcher 4 years into the franchise throws 100mph fb and is 85+ overall at least.
It was stated velocity and speed no longer progress. We shouldn't see the league full of pitchers throwing like Chapman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #275
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serloar

In a weird way I liked the 28-29 year Olds dropping off. Sucks when it happens to your team, and maybe it shouldn't be so drastic, but not every ballplayer continuously gets better throughout his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #276
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
In a weird way I liked the 28-29 year Olds dropping off. Sucks when it happens to your team, and maybe it shouldn't be so drastic, but not every ballplayer continuously gets better throughout his career.
No, but without PEDs (where they stay great much longer), most established baseball players don't start to decline until they hit around 32-34 unless due to injury. While its cool that some small percentage of guys may decline early, adding to the surprise and strategy, I think that the amount is probably too high.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #277
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
When it's random....as QC's are....it could be 20...could be 30.
There are no set amounts of counts in QC's......(except for the 1-1 pitcher counts...and there is no set AMOUNT of them....just that they will be 1-1 for the pitcher)

M.K.
Knight165
Could be, but probably wouldn't be.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:53 PM   #278
Just started!

OVR: 0

So if a player card has TOT it's basically saying that they played with more then 1 team in a season?
Old 08-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #279
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdiz536
So if a player card has TOT it's basically saying that they played with more then 1 team in a season?
Correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »