Home

Some MLB The Show 16 Conquest & Battle Royale Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some MLB The Show 16 Conquest & Battle Royale Details Have Been Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #33
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Battle Royal is draft Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I can guarantee you that the statement in bold is simply incorrect... I've been in a couple CD events during that time span, and myself being fond of the DD as a way to play against human players online, I have interacted with the developers quite a bit about DD (and other stuff), to relay general feedback as a gamer myself and to relay concerns we frequently see in forums like this.

I can guarantee that DD wasn't the sole focus (well, in MLB 14 - 15 anyways), and I can also honestly tell you that the developers at SDS like the ones we get to see in Twitch streams often are not really in it just for business. Sure, business must always be one aspect, of course, but there are a lot of creative and passionate people at SDS whose concerns are very similar to ours.

Okay but I never said sole focus? What I'm saying is DD undoubtedly got most of the improvement/enhancements from MLB14-15 and MLB15-16. That is very obvious. I don't know why people are trying to disprove that. Just look at the additions from year to year at every mode compared to DD. It's not even close. I'm not bashing them for it, nor am I saying il the only reason they did it is to make more money.

All I'm saying is it is a huge plus to make more money . And yes it is VERY obvious the focus the last 2 dev cycles has been DD
Old 03-05-2016, 03:14 PM   #34
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Was fearing these would be single player modes. Thew whole appeal of DD to me is the mix of playing online games and building a franchise. My hope was that only one of these modes would be for single player. My guess was conquest as a single player season mode for DD giving people who wanted a create a team mode what they want.

I had hoped that maybe battle royale, due to the name, would be similar to Hearthstone in that you draft a team and then play people with better prizes as you advance. Maybe you have to put up tickets to get into the mode. Maybe this is an online mode, but calling it a "single player, online tournament" makes it sound like a leaderboard.

Both being single player I am a bit disappointed, but I'll probably at least check them out. But I'd guess 95% Of my time in DD is spend playing other humans.
I think it's just really strange/poor wording like the other guy pointed out. Battle Royale says single player, online tournament while Conquest says single player, online experience. I think the key single player means Not Co-Op in this context rather then meaning Human vs CPU.

It would make sense for Conquest to be vs the CPU just like Domination in NBA2k but I really doubt the draft mode is versus the CPU it's kinda sad this leaked I am excited for Mondays info.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I think it's just really strange/poor wording like the other guy pointed out. Battle Royale says single player, online tournament while Conquest says single player, online experience. I think the key single player means Not Co-Op in this context rather then meaning Human vs CPU.

It would make sense for Conquest to be vs the CPU just like Domination in NBA2k but I really doubt the draft mode is versus the CPU it's kinda sad this leaked I am excited for Mondays info.
That is my hope as well, but as written it states single-player, which in terms of video games means one person, no multiplayer. The online tournament seems to indicated head-to-head though. DD has never had co-op so why state single-player in the first place if they wanted to distinguish it's one player vs one player. We'll see, but as of now I have to take it was written so I don't get my hopes up. But, c'mon, Battle Royale has to be head-to-head right? Why would you call it Battle Royale...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #36
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

Hope Conquest is also a versus CPU mode. It would be nice to have some point playing DD against the CPU.

I'm from Hungary and sometimes it's hard to find not laggy games...

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Old 03-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #37
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

Quote:
I can guarantee you that the statement in bold is simply incorrect... I've been in a couple CD events during that time span, and myself being fond of the DD as a way to play against human players online, I have interacted with the developers quite a bit about DD (and other stuff), to relay general feedback as a gamer myself and to relay concerns we frequently see in forums like this.

I can guarantee that DD wasn't the sole focus (well, in MLB 14 - 15 anyways), and I can also honestly tell you that the developers at SDS like the ones we get to see in Twitch streams often are not really in it just for business. Sure, business must always be one aspect, of course, but there are a lot of creative and passionate people at SDS whose concerns are very similar to ours.
It is what it is, I like DD and play it however as a huge fan of the show if you follow it or even just buy it year to year without following the build up, there is no secret its in the content, DD has gotten far more development time than any other mode.
For me thats fine, but I can see why people who dont play it would be disappointed and they very much do have a valid point.

For those disappointed about franchise, one way to potentially look at it is if DD makes the most money, than that could potentially grow the studio which means more employees which could equal more work being done on the game as a whole? meaning every area gets more and more work done on it.
Also DD seems as though its in a way done being fleshed out, they made it, its solid there isnt a whole lot more to do to it. Next editions will focus more on RTTS and Franchise/Season modes
Old 03-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #38
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I agree that single player, online experience is really confusing wording. I hope it is truly myself against a CPU controlled team as it gives us more ways to earn cards and complete the challenges.

I guess we will find out for sure in just two days though.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #39
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Was fearing these would be single player modes. Thew whole appeal of DD to me is the mix of playing online games and building a franchise. My hope was that only one of these modes would be for single player. My guess was conquest as a single player season mode for DD giving people who wanted a create a team mode what they want.

I had hoped that maybe battle royale, due to the name, would be similar to Hearthstone in that you draft a team and then play people with better prizes as you advance. Maybe you have to put up tickets to get into the mode. Maybe this is an online mode, but calling it a "single player, online tournament" makes it sound like a leaderboard.

Both being single player I am a bit disappointed, but I'll probably at least check them out. But I'd guess 95% Of my time in DD is spend playing other humans.
I took it as being something where you can play single player or be in an online tournament (head to head).
Old 03-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #40
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

A way to play against human players online..... I wonder where else you can do such a thing, I think it's called Online Franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »