Home

MLB The Show 16 Livestream - Conquest & Battle Royale Modes (IGN) - Archive Available

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Livestream - Conquest & Battle Royale Modes (IGN) - Archive Available within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: IGN streaming new modes in 5 min!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Barry Bonds isn't in the game i don't know what you guys are talking about.
Barry Bonds is not part of the MLB Players Association, so they just used a different name, so they dont have to pay money to use his name i guess. I just found this: Video game companies can get around not having Bonds by featuring a player with a lot of power on the Giants, but without using Bonds' name or number.

Last edited by thomas2345; 03-09-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #34
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
Barry Bonds is not part of the MLB Players Association, so they just used a different name, so they dont have to pay money to use his name i guess. I just found this: Video game companies can get around not having Bonds by featuring a player with a lot of power on the Giants, but without using Bonds' name or number.

Oh...you're serious!
(I think)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
You do know that's the game developer right? I'm pretty sure he knows that lol and so do the rest of us. He legally has to say that Stocker isn't bonds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 11:15 PM   #36
MVP

Re: MLB The Show 16 Livestream - Conquest & Battle Royale Modes (IGN) - Archive Avail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I heard on the stream you get tickets for playing any mode. Or did they mean stubs?

For the missions, I only saw Diamond Dynasty missions. Are there franchise, RTTS, etc. missions?
You will get stubs and tickets for playing any mode the missions are only DD related. Captain missions reward tickets where as other missions like team collections and runs scored earn varying rewards like flashbacks and packs.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #37
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Livestream - Conquest & Battle Royale Modes (IGN) - Archive Avail

As a former 8 year old and an enormous Ken Griffey Jr. fan, I feel like SCEA could easily sell ALL THE COPIES next year if they took a page out of 2K's book and paid for Ken Griffey Jr.'s name and likeness, threw him on the cover, made like 3-5 Griffey DD cards, maybe even created a mode around him like 2K did with Jordan where you could play a MyCareer as rookie Jordan and also relive a lot of his iconic moments. Maybe a RTTS where you pick up Griffey's career after 1999 and try to avoid all the injuries and break the HR record.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but the whole Reggie Stocker thing got me thinking about how Griffey needs to be in the game, and then my brain went on a tangent.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:46 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
You do know that's the game developer right? I'm pretty sure he knows that lol and so do the rest of us. He legally has to say that Stocker isn't bonds
Whos Ramone? lol. I was just giving information out. Dont be a B----.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #39
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Whos Ramone? lol. I was just giving information out. Dont be a B----.

You responded to the guy who's basically the face of the development team and lectured him about player likeness rules lol. If you can't see the humor in that, without resulting to ad hominems...
Old 03-09-2016, 11:51 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
You responded to the guy who's basically the face of the development team and lectured him about player likeness rules lol. If you can't see the humor in that, without resulting to ad hominems...
I meant to respond to the original user. Yes i know it was a joke. Lets just forget this.

Last edited by thomas2345; 03-09-2016 at 11:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »