Home

Possibility of multiple versions of Legends in MLB 16.

This is a discussion on Possibility of multiple versions of Legends in MLB 16. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

NBAGreen's Arena

OVR: 2
Possibility of multiple versions of Legends in MLB 16.

On today's IGN stream Cliff Floyd is shown as an 84 rated Met. He was an 89 rated Marlin in MLB 15.

Below are his average seasonal stats calculated over the time he played for each club.

He was better in his time with the Marlins except for HRs and success rate for stolen bases. This leads me to speculate that there will be an 89 rated Cliff Floyd as a Marlin and an 84 rated Floyd as a Met. So it may be that there will be multiple versions of all legends this year.

At the bottom is a link to Floyd's card from MLB 15 and the MLB 16 card shown in today's IGN stream.

MLB 15 card: http://daddyleagues.com/dd/card/12421-Floyd_Cliff

MLB 16 card:

Last edited by NBAGreen; 03-10-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Possibility of multiple versions of Legends in MLB 16.

This is a great catch and really cool if it's true. I have a feeling that it's going to end up like my real life baseball card collection, where I have a Padres Alomar from random packs but not a Jays Alomar.

Thank goodness for my uncle, giving me the complete card packs for both the the 92 and 93 team for christmas in the respective years. Best. Gift. Ever.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:54 AM   #3
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Watching the Conquest/Battle Royale stream archive, saw an Expos Cliff Floyd and Angels Nolan Ryan.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:19 AM   #4
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

So I know they said you can't have current player and the same flashback player playing at the same time, so will that mean the same for legends that are on different teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-11-2016, 02:03 AM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

With the different flashback and prime versions I expected them to do the same with legends. A prime 1984 Sandberg is not the same Sandberg from 1994. They only have so many players to work with so I expected them to try and create as many "different" cards as then can. DD obviously made them a good grip of cash last year so why not go all out this year with the cards to get people to buy into the mode even more. I hope there are also rookie versions of legends, some with mediocre ratings like the current day player rookie cards they have in the game. We also saw Mr. Mendoza on the stream so I'm guessing they are being very liberal with different types of cards and many of them will be for collections/missions sake since they are useless in game.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-11-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Hope we get a Floyd Cubs version 😄

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Noticed in the stream yesterday that there was an Angels Nolan Ryan card. In '15 he was a Ranger, I wonder if there are two separate versions of these legends. Or maybe they're just updating the images because the legends aren't necessarily each representing a specific team this year, and so that they aren't all using the same card as last year.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Noticed in the stream yesterday that there was an Angels Nolan Ryan card. In '15 he was a Ranger, I wonder if there are two separate versions of these legends. Or maybe they're just updating the images because the legends aren't necessarily each representing a specific team this year, and so that they aren't all using the same card as last year.
They are rated different as stated in the first post. There are 3 different Floyd's so far and those two Ryan's, as far as multiples that I am aware of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »