Home

Offseason Questions

This is a discussion on Offseason Questions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Offseason Questions

I know this seems to be answered at times but man I am really confused on what to do. I have tried to follow the guidelines as set by certain individuals as to what to do in the offseason as far as signngs. This is what I am doing

1. Sign all coahes
2. Trade away high value targets to get under the proposed team budget.
3. Ensure I have 40 people on 40 man roster
3. With all that said I was 11 mil under the cap or budget yet every time I tried to sign a free agent I got a pop up saying this salary will put you over the budget. I look at the bottom of the screen and it says how much I have and how much s allocated. I am under that amount yet I get these message. Hw do you sign a free agent. To me the budgets are out of control. This is the problem with budgets on. Any suggestions on what to do would be awesome. Am I the only one having this problem? The amount of money allocated is under the budget amount so why do I get the message?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Offseason Questions

Do you have any arbitration eligible players left unsigned? This is usually the issue. The CPU tracks what arb eligible players are asking for and uses that for your salary obligation. So even though you may show 10 mil available it may be allocated for these arb players.

Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

I tried that. I even cut the one guy that was eligible for arbritration and it still gave me the message. I didnt want Tolleson anymore after his god awefull season so I didnt offer arbitration. He was in the last year of his contract so i just released him. He was the only arbritration eligible player I had. I even took someones suggestion to not sign my own players until after regular free agency and that didnt work. If anyone knows the policy or the secret to having any money at all to sign anyone other than your own guys in free agency please let me know the secret. I literally cannot sign a free agent until after everyone is gone, then there isn't anyone worth signing. Once again I was 11 Mil under the buget and even a 3 million a year contract would say this puts you over the budget screen would pop up. When I go to the sign free agent screen it has on the bottom of the screen budget 11 mil on bottom right it has adjusted or allocated funds, that number is less than 11 mil yet I still cant sign a free agent
Old 03-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

I guess I am in the minority here on this one. Either I'm stupid or I just need to turn budgets off. Hopefully this is fixed in the new game. There shouldn't be any way that a team cannot sign one free agent in the offseason, especially when they are 11 million under the budget
Old 03-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
I tried that. I even cut the one guy that was eligible for arbritration and it still gave me the message. I didnt want Tolleson anymore after his god awefull season so I didnt offer arbitration. He was in the last year of his contract so i just released him. He was the only arbritration eligible player I had. I even took someones suggestion to not sign my own players until after regular free agency and that didnt work. If anyone knows the policy or the secret to having any money at all to sign anyone other than your own guys in free agency please let me know the secret. I literally cannot sign a free agent until after everyone is gone, then there isn't anyone worth signing. Once again I was 11 Mil under the buget and even a 3 million a year contract would say this puts you over the budget screen would pop up. When I go to the sign free agent screen it has on the bottom of the screen budget 11 mil on bottom right it has adjusted or allocated funds, that number is less than 11 mil yet I still cant sign a free agent
Did you have any offers out to players in excess of 8million dollars? If you have ANY offers out to any players (including retaining current players), that money cannot be used.

I'm assuming this is an arbitration issue or a "locked up" money issue. I don't think the game is broken. Just need to dig deeper and see where your money is being used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Thats what i'm saying I look at the bottom of the screen and it has "Money alloted"and "Money available: Once you offer a contract it adjusts. The number on the rigtt is is lower, meaning that I still have money under the budge, yet when I offer the contrat it continually say cannot offer this contract it will put you over the budget.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

The system is broke. If there is some hidden code to understand hidden money then someone please let me know. All I know is what I am seeing. Just fix it so you don't need a degree in Mathmatics to sign a free agent
Old 03-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

The key is that it leaves money aside to fill a roster. So although you may have 10 million you may also have 30 roster spots to fill.

One way around is to add more people to your 40 man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »