Home

First Time Baseball Video Game Player

This is a discussion on First Time Baseball Video Game Player within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #17
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: First Time Baseball Video Game Player

Since it's your first time playing a baseball video game, I would suggest getting a cheap copy of '15 to see if you like the game first.

Even though '16 is an improvement over '15, you don't even know if you like '15 right now or not, let alone spending full price for '16 and not knowing if you'll like it.

Or better still, download a demo and try it out first before you buy it.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #18
Rookie

kmp714's Arena

OVR: 2

I just purchased a PS4, so that I could start playing The Show for the first time! I was stuck without a baseball game (Xbox) for too long and I'm super hyped!!

Now I just have to find a good explanation to tell my wife on why I will have two gaming consoles at the age of 32 with two kids and with little time to play games, but I'm sure that will work itself out.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #19
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp714
I just purchased a PS4, so that I could start playing The Show for the first time! I was stuck without a baseball game (Xbox) for too long and I'm super hyped!!

Now I just have to find a good explanation to tell my wife on why I will have two gaming consoles at the age of 32 with two kids and with little time to play games, but I'm sure that will work itself out.
Its for you to be able to spend some one on one time with kids. Just make sure you get some games for them to. Recommend any Lego title as I had as much fun with them as the kids used to.

Age does not matter one bit. I am getting ready to turn 48 and game more now than I did in my younger days.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #20
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWill6
Ok so this is my first time ever looking to purchase a baseball game as I just recently have taken a liking to the game of baseball. I am normally a NBA 2k and Madden player. I use to watch occasionally growing up when Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and Griffey were cranking out home runs left and right. Anyways based off the information you guys have gathered do you really think it's necessary for me to buy The Show 16 or can I get by with 15. Is 16 that much more of an improvement just based off the info they've given so far. All thought appreciated. Thanks
You know I am jealous of you getting to experience this game for the first time, what an amazing trip you are in for.

I would wait until you can get 16, why deal with a past iteration of the game when you can get all of the current rosters, stadium updates and all of the new features.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #21
Rookie

kmp714's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Its for you to be able to spend some one on one time with kids. Just make sure you get some games for them to. Recommend any Lego title as I had as much fun with them as the kids used to.

Age does not matter one bit. I am getting ready to turn 48 and game more now than I did in my younger days.
My son is 8, so we have fun gaming together and he is getting better every time we play. He is almost to the point where he can hang with me in some games, but I never let him win though

He loves sports, but I don't know how much he will be into The Show just yet, but I'm sure we will have some good home run derby battles!

I'm excited to experience The Show for the first time!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 11:54 PM   #22
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I would say go ahead and get 16 since it's the latest version and it has had improvements to all areas like gameplay, franchise, RTTS, and DD. Or you could wait until it comes out on Redbox and rent it before going out and buying it just so you can see if you like it.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:54 AM   #23
Banned

No doubt that this is the best baseball game ever made. Was a huge High Heat baseball guy (best play aside from this), but looking at pictures of the graphics now is near vomit-inducing. Awesome gameplay, looks quite bad.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:19 AM   #24
Rookie

Haansen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp714

Haha, almost the same here, execpt I'm 33 already. As mentioned I upgraded from PS3 to PS4 just for The Show, but my biggest problem is the lack of time. Only 3 hours a day left when the kids are asleep. My wife doesn't like me to spend all that time playing video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »