Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #113
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

Pretty disappointed that Stride being restored is sounding more and more in doubt as each stream goes by.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #114
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Wow, this place is filled with such animosity over the slightest voicing of opinions.

I grew up in the 80's and dealt with poor graphics, landlines, and boxy looking automobiles. Times change, mates. It isn't wrong for people to wish for improvements, especially if done so in a respectful manner.

Is it not possible to love this game, respect the developers which make it, and point out areas of it that some of us wish would see improvement? Why is that such a hard concept to grasp for so many of the people here?

Yet another thread completely derailed by patrons that can't handle a game they like being criticized or others voicing their opinions; bravo, Operation Sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ummmm.....the thread is titled "graphical improvements".......meaning here is what WAS done to improve the game......the derailment ...if any...is on those those that brought up,once again....what we already knew wasn't worked on in '16.....kind of turning it into a wish list thread,yet again.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight hit the nail on the "thread" here.

The issue is not with critiquing and criticizing elements of the game. If OS or The Show's community base holistically didn't do this, our game would not improve to where it has today. The issue is that users choose to go into every thread and scream why feature A is in the game while feature B is not or has not been touched. There are far too many comments in the DD thread about a seeming lacklaster franchise this year...why? It's unnecesssary and unrelated to DD.

There's a time and a place to voice our displeasure or show our desire for where the priority for the game's next title (or patch!) ought to lie. The Show forums on OS have historically been a great place of discussion as several users truly attempt to make constructive points as to how the game can truly evolve (instead of "what is this junk, SCEA?!?!?", point out how it can improve by implementing possibly x/y/z in contrast or even parallel to a/b/c). That's why I think SCEA has a good footprint here on OS because we provide good feedback to them and they us. I have grown to appreciate SCEA's dev team as they are as transparent of a dev team as I've seen...some folks may not know but they invite users here on OS to their studio to test the alpha version of their game and offer insight. That's still incredible to me!

It's necessary then, for us to steer users in mature discussion or ignore those choosing not to (side note: report posters who aren't so the moderators here can address it). I love this game, even if it's not always want I want it to be 100%...I feel that here on OS, my voice is heard even if it's a small whisper.

Maybe I'm delusional...but that's my small $.02.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #115
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

This was the graphics engine on my first baseball game, so yeah I'm happy where we are at now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg startomati.jpg (477.4 KB, 259 views)

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 05:35 AM   #116
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
Well you can have your opinion, but the vast majority of people who play the game and aren't visually impaired will disagree with you.
100% agree......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2016, 08:49 AM   #117
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Pretty disappointed that Stride being restored is sounding more and more in doubt as each stream goes by.
I wouldn't go that far, I think it sounds like its more likely not to be in the day 1 patch as Nick has said it has to go through plenty of testing to make sure it doesn't mess with anything else.

I'm positive it will be back just maybe not right away.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #118
MVP

OVR: 22

Excited for the new night time lighting..the textures improvement is amazing
Old 03-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #119
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Those tarps and metal/glass tho!

And that night lighting!
Old 03-16-2016, 04:27 PM   #120
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
100% agree......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
100% disagree. The player models and faces are the exact same as the PS3. They may have been retextured or whatever when they came over to the PS4 but the model is identical. Look at it.... Keep everything the same over the next year, but please please please please PLEASE SCEA add New Balance gear and redo the player models. PLEASE. That is all I ask for. You already brought back SOTS so I know you care what your fans think. Please update the player models. They are seriously lacking compared to other features into The Show

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »