Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #41
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphics Improvements (GameStop)

This eyesore. I'm pretty sure this is MLB 15 The Show
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iqvk20.jpg (216.0 KB, 471 views)

Last edited by JayD; 03-14-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #42
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

I strictly play online and online franchise at that. Are there any graphical enhancements that are not used for online, like PBR? The reason I ask is that online for 15 was much improved with respect to connectivity (very few disconnects or blue screens for 15) and I believe Ramone has stated that the reason you can only use fast play online is for stability purposes. So I am just curious if anything else is left out for stability purposes.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #43

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Nice to see peripheral elements have updated graphics, but man I don't see myself spending much time staring at the outfield statues or bullpen telephones. More interested in improvements to grass and player models.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #44
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Graphics Improvements | MLB The Show 16 | GameStop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
"I'm glad they finally got the metal boxes looking great" said no one ever.

Fix the jerseys that dont have names. Numbers are still way too low.
Agreed, its nice its there and all (PBR) but this was very minor.

One thing I do wonder about the PBR stuff is how close up they make the lightstands look, whenever you go to a ballpark lights are a big deal in terms of ambiance. MLB 14 saw decent 3D improvements but still lacked excitement or "pop" they look good but not life like, hopefully PBR brings lights to the next level, its too hard to tell through streams
Old 03-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #45
Rookie

jaydaddy03's Arena

OVR: 1

Glad they fixed Oakland's batting helmets this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #46
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Game looks fantastic!!

3-29-16 can't get here any faster!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #47
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

So lets be honest, 14 pretty much looked like a PS3 game for the most part. In 15 they rebuilt the stadiums from the ground up and they looked amazing, and they "cracked the code" on the lighting, and that stuff looked great. Now they've added PBR and everything they've shown so far using PBR looks fantastic.

Hopefully this means that in 2017 we can FINALLY get new player models and fix the way the players themselves look, because they stand out BIG TIME next to all the new great looking stuff. I also think the grass and dirt could use an upgrade, so I'm PRAYING that the player models, grass, and dirt are what gets focused on in 17 because it seems like everything else is pretty much covered at this point. Everything else looks so good now that it really looks like they have the old PS3 players running around in a PS4 game.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #48
Rookie

I still don't understand why they have yet to improve the player models this generation. It is strange to put so much time and effort into things we very rarely see during gameplay, while we are forced to look at "fat" player models (see Miggy) due to the game having only three body types. Just look at the improvements 2k, Madden and NHL have made with player models for the PS4 and XB1.

Go to YouTube and look at some videos from previous MLB games and you will be surprised at how little the player models have changed. I just watched a MLB 11 video and the players look exactly the same. We should expect more from MLB, five years is an eternity in the video game world.

Player models in baseball games are very large onscreen due to the batter/pitcher interaction vs the other sports game where the players are much smaller to provide a full field view of the game. Yet, MLB has decided not to improve them for over five years. Puzzling choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »