Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #57
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by og236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #58
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Have they? Maybe I'm blind, but I've never seen the devs mention why we can't have new player models before.
Yes. They'd basically have to redo every player animation in the game, and would hardly be able to make any other graphical improvements. Ramone has answered questions regarding player models on here in the past.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-14-2016, 07:38 PM   #59
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Yes. They'd basically have to redo every player animation in the game, and would hardly be able to make any other graphical improvements. Ramone has answered questions regarding player models on here in the past.

Ok so I understand having to redo all of the player animations would pretty much use the whole cycle and would probably be the only thing they would be able to update...but where does that leave us? I mean when would be the right time to make the changes and update the models? Because it has to happen eventually

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #60
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Ok so I understand having to redo all of the player animations would pretty much use the whole cycle and would probably be the only thing they would be able to update...but where does that leave us? I mean when would be the right time to make the changes and update the models? Because it has to happen eventually

My guess is when they get all of the other graphical improvements where they want them.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Redo every animation? I find that hard to believe. If 100% true, it means that the MLB team would have to throw out 10,000+ animations that they have worked over almost 10 years to build for the game and create 10,000+ new animations in one development cycle when they update the player models. I'm not a programmer but that statement by the MLB team sounds crazy.

Every year they state the over 1,000+ new animations that were added to make the gameplay smoother and more realistic. So they would have to throw all of these animations out and just start over? Look at NBA2k, Madden, NHL and FIFA, they have all updated the player models and continue to use legacy animations from the previous gen consoles.

I would welcome some insight from someone with programming experience. I just can't believe that every animation would need to be redone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #62
Rookie

Also, forgot to mention that when the MLB team fixed the "raptor" short arms problem awhile back (think it was around MLB 11), they do not need to redo all the animations in the game. So, a change in the player models did not equate to an entire animation overhaul.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #63
Pro

No sunflower seeds on the dugout floor!?! This game is so unrealistic...

2020: 52-39
Old 03-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #64
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about players bodies! Go play wwe if you're that hung up about the muscles on some character or how fat someone looks. They look fine. David Ortiz looks totally different from Jose Bautista.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »