Home

New morale features

This is a discussion on New morale features within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #25
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New morale features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
What I dislike most about morale is the star batting spots, 1, 3, and 4. Lindor batted second and hit over .300, Trout in 2014 batted second and won the MVP award. When Springer was in the lineup, Correa batted second. Kyle Seager often batted second.

Star spots in my opinion should be 1 through 5, or at least 1 through 4.
Agreed 100% with the 2 spot in the lineup. Can't see Tulo being upset batting anywhere 1 thru 5 in that Jays lineup, but on a lesser team a star hitter may want the clean up spot.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Agreed 100% with the 2 spot in the lineup. Can't see Tulo being upset batting anywhere 1 thru 5 in that Jays lineup, but on a lesser team a star hitter may want the clean up spot.
I forgot about Tulo, and I think Cain also batted second. Anyway, Trout winning the MVP batting second should be enough to make it a star spot.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #27
Pro

So if we choose not to monitor or try to change player morale could a player go from happy to sad and back to happy again on his own for whatever reason? If so then I don't mind it, think of it as a slump of sorts I guess.

Also has it been mentioned how this affects a players contact, power etc. or does it affect them in other ways.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #28
Rookie

Roonster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
So if we choose not to monitor or try to change player morale could a player go from happy to sad and back to happy again on his own for whatever reason? If so then I don't mind it, think of it as a slump of sorts I guess.

Also has it been mentioned how this affects a players contact, power etc. or does it affect them in other ways.
The morale only effects mental attributes. There's a twitch stream where they went into depth about morale. It's effected by maybe 5 different things.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #29
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

What are these 'mental' attributes?
#44Syracuse
Old 03-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonster
The morale only effects mental attributes. There's a twitch stream where they went into depth about morale. It's effected by maybe 5 different things.
Mental attributes? I don't understand the point of it then.

I'm gonna manage like Billy Martin , if a player is sulking and unhappy he's gonna ride the pine till he smartens up or I'll send him down to Toledo for a couple weeks, see what he thinks of that.

Last edited by Will I Am; 03-19-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #31
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
What are these 'mental' attributes?
BB/9, K/9, H/9, etc for pitchers

VIS, DIS, Clutch, etc. for hitters

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am

The categories are:

Team role - I suppose if you have lineups and pitching on auto instead of manual it could change on its own but it you have it on manual it won't change.

Contract - Won't change until the off season.

Coaching - If he has a coaching expectation it won't change during the season unless you fire the coach during the season.

For US born players region - If he has an expectation about region it won't change.

For foreign born players compatriot - If he has an expectation for compatriot it could change if your add or subtract a player from his country.

Team performance - If he has an expectation for team performance it could impact morale depending on team performance.

Individual performance - If he has an expectation for individual performance it could impact morale depending on his performance.

Injury - If he gets injured it will impact his morale.

The answer to your question is a player's morale could change without you doing anything but it depends on each player and what his expectations are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »