Home

What are some things I am going to miss from the PS3 version?

This is a discussion on What are some things I am going to miss from the PS3 version? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #9
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are some things I am going to miss from the PS3 version?

the ps3 controller: it is superior to the the joysticks on the ps4 and they make it hard to move guys smoothly and i am still playing the ps3. i just picked up 15 two days ago and i am lovin it. i had a ps4 and the only reason i bought it was the show and i was pleased but i missed the way the ps3 version felt when playing . ps4 controllers are a deal breaker for me. i had been playing ps2 mlb 07 all summer so the ps3 is a huge upgrade for me. beautiful.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:04 AM   #10
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Please refer to this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ow-so-far.html

You will find all the information you need and then some.
I appreciate this but it doesn't answer my question in regards to the PS3 version that I have been playing since 08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
the ps3 controller: it is superior to the the joysticks on the ps4 and they make it hard to move guys smoothly and i am still playing the ps3. i just picked up 15 two days ago and i am lovin it. i had a ps4 and the only reason i bought it was the show and i was pleased but i missed the way the ps3 version felt when playing . ps4 controllers are a deal breaker for me. i had been playing ps2 mlb 07 all summer so the ps3 is a huge upgrade for me. beautiful.

Hmmm. I know you can use the DS4 with to play the PS3 version of MLB The Show 15 but the rumble doesn't work. You can't use DS3 on a PS4. Odd that you find the DS3 to be better than the DS4. Is that the general consensus here or one man's opinion?

Last edited by Beatles; 03-23-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:08 AM   #11
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Hmmm. I know you can use the DS4 with to play the PS3 version of MLB The Show 15 but the rumble doesn't work. You can't use DS3 on a PS4. Odd that you find the DS3 to be better than the DS4. Is that the general consensus here or one man's opinion?
Until now the only issue i have ever heard about the DS4 sticks is the rubber peeling off. I sure didnt notice any difference with the sticks as far as playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 02:48 AM   #12
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I appreciate this but it doesn't answer my question in regards to the PS3 version that I have been playing since 08.

probably just my opinion , wouldn't worry about it. if someone bought me a ps4 i'd probably play it instead. i am just saying either system mlb the show is great.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:53 AM   #13
Banned

youll miss the bad graphics
Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 AM   #14
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Until now the only issue i have ever heard about the DS4 sticks is the rubber peeling off. I sure didnt notice any difference with the sticks as far as playing.
Just a side note, it's possible and really cheap to order replacement joysticks on amazon and refurbish the controllers themselves.

It's easy from a conceptual standpoint, but difficult physically. Requires a fair amount of force to open those things, but at the same time you have to be careful, plus resetting or replacing the springs on the L2, R2 buttons is ridiculously finicky.

If you're feeling brave I recommend trying it though. I saved a ton of money refurbishing my controllers. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show you how.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #15
MVP

I don't miss a single thing from the ps3 version. I'm not implying I didn't enjoy the game before I got a ps4 but there is no looking back.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #16
Banned

Beatles's Arena

I was a little hesitant to pay the extra $20 with no free online but I have seen enough of the PS4 version to know the extra cash is warranted and I barely play online anyway because there is always too much lag to make it enjoyable. I get the 20% discount with GCU so it cushions the blow. I pre-ordered in store so I will be picking it up whenever it comes in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »