Home

CPU (mis)management of rosters in Franchise

This is a discussion on CPU (mis)management of rosters in Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU (mis)management of rosters in Franchise

Hey, is anyone else unhappy with the dearth of of roster moves made by the CPU teams in Franchise Mode? It's never really bothered me until now for some reason. As anyone who follows baseball knows, the use of a team's farm system, especially in regards to the bullpen, is frequent, and not just in the case of injuries. I wish they'd utilize the farm more. I've noticed you do get the odd one, but it's rare.

My other quibble is over how the CPU deals with their rosters in the case that they do make a move. For example, the Braves traded away Chris Colabello to the O's for Caleb Joseph, straight up. I'm so doing, they failed to call up a backup catcher and were left in the lurch without one. I took it upon myself to trade them a catcher for some spare part so they could have one, which invloved calling up one and trading him for a guy in the minors. Not the first time. Conversely, a couple teams have three catchers on their MLB roster, either through injuries or transactions, maybe a combination in some cases. It's annoying to keep wiping up their spilled milk.

Also, you rarely see anyone on waivers, exception being the start of the season. I realize this is just a highly stylized rant rather than a real post, but just wondering if anyone else gets irked by this stuff. Is there a way to fix it without assuming 30-team control? I really would rather not do that.

Last edited by timelydew; 07-04-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU (mis)management of rosters in Franchise

This is unfortunately a problem across all sports games.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Get used to it. Nobody cares about the offline franchise user. They just want to steal more of your money through the DD racket. It's all about online play which is the worst out of all the video sports games.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
This is unfortunately a problem across all sports games.
Not all sports games. Check out OOTP Baseball on PC. It makes any franchise mode in console games look like kid stuff.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
yes, and if I was rich, I would pay SCEA the $$$$ to implement the brains of OOTP into The Show. If they are such big fans, it would have already been done. Can they implement such a system in The Show, for those who know how that stuff works ? And this is the only game I play. Heck, I have spent dozens of hours just editing four separate roster files (three classic) just to play this game and control all roster stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I couldn't figure out how to start a franchise without the CPU resetting all lineups on opening day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »