Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #49
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 16 jerseys Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
I don't know about the Seattly Mariners style guide but my sister works for the Giants and Ive seen the this years style guide.The black jerseys with the orange SF on the upper left corner of the jersey is in the style guide but not in the game according to the video I just watched.
Because while the style guide is obviously very important and has a huge impact on what uniforms show up in-game, it's not just about the style guide.

The answer is almost always lack of uniform slots.

I don't know why Russell opted for the style guide answer when slots has usually been the company line that makes much more sense in this regard.

Some teams also have way too many uniforms. Can't expect them all to be in.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #50
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

I would gladly take more uniform spots next year over improved player models.

Russell, why is the mlb so strict to the style guide for you guys but let's the teams wear things that have not been approved in that same guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2016, 09:10 AM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
I would gladly take more uniform spots next year over improved player models.

Russell, why is the mlb so strict to the style guide for you guys but let's the teams wear things that have not been approved in that same guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams are responsible for updating the style guide when they make changes to their uniforms, not the other way around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 09:25 AM   #52
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Are the uniforms the same in both the PS3 and PS4 version?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #53
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0
I doubt everyone feels the way I do but I'd just rather have current uniforms in the game before throwbacks if slots are limited. Like for Arizone, do we really need both sets of throwbacks when they're so similar?

Obviously the show is a great game led by great devs, but Jerseys seriously need to be a top priority for 17, and frankly has needed to be for a couple years. Not just missing ones, but the accuracy in regards to logo and number size/placement.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #54
Rookie

WMoore75's Arena

OVR: 0
I was just wondering...since most teams wear the same hats with their alternate uniforms why not just rename hats by their colors eg.(red, red/black, etc.) Therefore you can eliminate duplicate hats and use those slots to add more uniforms....or do it not work that way?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #55
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
I just hope the style guide has the Cubs throwback uniforms right this year. Not having the names on the back of the road throwback and red numbers on the home kinda make them as bad as the blank throwback old. So for me this year I may be stuck with just their current uni's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I know what you're talking about. I don't use the 80s homes either because the numbers are messed up. It's too bad because the 80s angry bear shoulder sleeve logo is my favorite all time Cubs logo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #56
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats

They've had the same throwback uniforms in since 13. Since they added the Pirates new alternate, they should have added yellow pants for the pirates throwback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »