Home

Single Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Single Online Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Single Online Franchise

Does anyone else do this? If so, I'd like to hear the pro/cons of it.

I'm thinking about starting a 12 team online franchise to play by myself. I'm not big on online gaming but certain aspects of the online franchise I really like. I like the idea of playing only a 40 game schedule because I may then be able to play thru more seasons.

I hate simming my teams games, so that seems more doable then 162. Every year I start a 162 and get about 100 or so games into it and run of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
MVP

Houston's Arena

Re: Single Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Does anyone else do this? If so, I'd like to hear the pro/cons of it.

I'm thinking about starting a 12 team online franchise to play by myself. I'm not big on online gaming but certain aspects of the online franchise I really like. I like the idea of playing only a 40 game schedule because I may then be able to play thru more seasons.

I hate simming my teams games, so that seems more doable then 162. Every year I start a 162 and get about 100 or so games into it and run of time.

You can do this offline by choosing season instead of franchise and not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the online franchise is the 2015 schedule not 2016.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Hey guys, I'm new to this game, but played sims for about 10 years. I took a break, and I now love MLB-15. One dumb question:

How do I load my modified sliders when in offline franchise mode? Before I go into Franchise?

Once I'm in Franchise, I am unable to load my slider saves.

I must be missing something, other than my brain...
Old 04-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #4
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
You can do this offline by choosing season instead of franchise and not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the online franchise is the 2015 schedule not 2016.

I have done season mode in the past. But it seems like you have more flexibility with online. That's why I was wondering what was the good v. bad.

One bad (I'm guessing) is that you probably can't just pause your game for an extended amount of time. So if you don't have enough time for a full game it is better not to even start. Which may be the main reason I choose season or franchise instead.

I'd still like to hear others opinions though.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #5
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I have done season mode in the past. But it seems like you have more flexibility with online. That's why I was wondering what was the good v. bad.

One bad (I'm guessing) is that you probably can't just pause your game for an extended amount of time. So if you don't have enough time for a full game it is better not to even start. Which may be the main reason I choose season or franchise instead.

I'd still like to hear others opinions though.
If you're looking to play by yourself but in a "franchise" setting (such as drafting, free agents, etc.) then this is what you'd want to do instead of a season mode.

BUT Online Franchise does have it's flaws, such as games not showing up on the schedule, no player stamina and various other bugs, I'd suggest looking here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html just to see everyone's overall view of this mode since it hasn't really changed from MLB 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #6
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsionXBL
If you're looking to play by yourself but in a "franchise" setting (such as drafting, free agents, etc.) then this is what you'd want to do instead of a season mode.

BUT Online Franchise does have it's flaws, such as games not showing up on the schedule, no player stamina and various other bugs, I'd suggest looking here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html just to see everyone's overall view of this mode since it hasn't really changed from MLB 14.
Thanks for that info. That helped me make a decision. Yeah, I think I'll try grinding out 162 and maybe dabble a little in online to get my feet wet and see what I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »