Home

PCI: Place or Track

This is a discussion on PCI: Place or Track within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #9
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PCI: Place or Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I place and 99% of the time I just leave it in the middle and wait for a bad pitch.

This makes me think that I should turn the PCI off. I'm always resistant to changes in my settings but when 16 drops I'm going to play around a lot with them before settling back into my franchise.

Also going to try directional. I used to be a timing hitter but swore off of it back in 12 when my players kept swinging outside the zone on pitches right down the middle.
I don't recommend playing with it off, I've tried and the results were not good.

Even if you are looking past the PCI and locking onto the ball, your eye will still pick it up in the foreground.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah i switch from zone and classic a lot. I always track and never leave it still.

It hurts me a lot when the dang ball is down the middle but it is a lot more realistic. If you swing below ball, you'll get a pop up, if you swing above the spot, ground ball, etc.

Feels good when you place it right and connect
Old 03-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

I may be crazy but...

Didn't in one of the streams, the devs said that they were punishing people who place their PCI? They said they were penalizing people who "place" their PCI but increasing the rewards for people who "track" their PCI.

I wanted to get clarification on it but the chat was moving too fast for my question to get answered.

Because that's going to severely affect my batting. I already have enough trouble as it is batting without them punishing players like me who protects one part of the strike zone (after a couple innings, I look at my opponent's pitching data and camp my PCI where they are throwing most of their pitches).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #12
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

If I struggling I keep it in place or high in the zone. If I'm doing well I'll move and track.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #13
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
I may be crazy but...

Didn't in one of the streams, the devs said that they were punishing people who place their PCI? They said they were penalizing people who "place" their PCI but increasing the rewards for people who "track" their PCI.

I wanted to get clarification on it but the chat was moving too fast for my question to get answered.

Because that's going to severely affect my batting. I already have enough trouble as it is batting without them punishing players like me who protects one part of the strike zone (after a couple innings, I look at my opponent's pitching data and camp my PCI where they are throwing most of their pitches).
I think you are talking bout Precision Input.

It means that user skill is the overriding factor on results this year. Good PCI placement on the ball will result in more solid contact, and less randomized results.

If you time up a ball dead center on the PCI, you should not pop it up this year.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #14
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
I may be crazy but...

Pretty sure they were talking about the high success for people who played zone, but never moved the PCI. They said it will not be as forgiving this year. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. At least I typed with confidence...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 03-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Thanks for all the responses guys. Another question: Does anyone know if you have to use the PCI for Stride Analog? Or is just like timing but with the analog stick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #16
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues61
Thanks for all the responses guys. Another question: Does anyone know if you have to use the PCI for Stride Analog? Or is just like timing but with the analog stick?
Pure Analog use to use the stride but instead of moving the PCI, you would push the right stick up and to the left and right or straight up to aim.

Not sure if that's been restored or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »