Home

Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #369
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3207
First time with the show in about 5 years-last time was with '12 on ps3. Here are my impressions:

I really enjoyed the scouting showcase before the draft, but wonder if it's even possible to be drafted in the first round.

Trainings don't seem to give you any benefit. You get an award, but that seems the extent of it. I suppose it's better t just improve stats in gameplay.

The screen graphic distracts me in the Show On feature, so it seems best to avoid it for the time being.

I'll assume the best way to build a position player is still focusing on the 5 main-speed, contact, power, fielding, and that other one. Power always seems the best stat to top out first.
I'm confused by a couple of things you say:

1. Is it possible to be drafted in the first round? Yes, I've been drafted in the first round most times I start a new career.

2. Training gives you no benefit but an award? No, training is the only way to get extra training points outside of a game. Do well in training and you can get a decent amount of points you can use to increase your stats.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #370
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdaddy
I'm confused by a couple of things you say:

1. Is it possible to be drafted in the first round? Yes, I've been drafted in the first round most times I start a new career.

2. Training gives you no benefit but an award? No, training is the only way to get extra training points outside of a game. Do well in training and you can get a decent amount of points you can use to increase your stats.
Hm-wonder if modeling after a player leads to higher expectations than custom-that's why I went in second round.

Ill have to look at training again. I didn't to seem to get any points for doing training
Old 08-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #371
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3207
Hm-wonder if modeling after a player leads to higher expectations than custom-that's why I went in second round.

Ill have to look at training again. I didn't to seem to get any points for doing training
Don't know on the first. Certainly how you do during the scouting camp has an effect. I just custom make mine (almost always a pitcher.)

Yeah, the whole point of training is getting those extra points! But you have to get a bronze, silver, or gold award to get any points (and of course the higher the medal the more points you get.) Otherwise I'd never do training.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:06 PM   #372
MVP

I didn't seem to get any points for fielding or baserunning when I put those to Auto so I put everything to manual. It'll drag things out but I'll get all my points.

I'm trying to get all skills to 50. After that will try and focus on Contact/Power/Speed/Fielding/Arm Strength, with occasional points in Durability. That will be the plan while I'm in the minors.

I think you do get 20/25 points for participating -even if you don't get any medals.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #373
MVP

Is there a way to get higher potential for a position player than Top Prospect. I've got that twice but think at best that is a high B. There's always a error or pickoff that keeps me from doing better. I'd like to get A potential with position player, but haven't done it yet.

Another question I have is buying points for RTTS player cheaper with a higher potential? Say it's 100 points to buy a point with c potential, or 75 with a B potential.

I can answer both-no for both. Had about as good a showcase you can have, and only good enough for top prospect-say low 1st or high 2nd. I have seen point reductions for different positions, but potential seems to have no impact there.

Last edited by Mike3207; 08-27-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: no for both
Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #374
Rookie

I was looking through the retirement screen after my season and it said Bryce Happer retiered at the age of 27 due to a poor free agent market. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #375
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornnut
I was looking through the retirement screen after my season and it said Bryce Harper retiered at the age of 27 due to a poor free agent market. Anyone else have this happen?
Many times-superstar players would retire fairly often with a weak free agent market simply because the AI did not do a good job of managing budgets. Its likely that's a issue that has not changed with the switch of consoles.

I've got two questions-can you break the 99 cap with use of equipment or does it incorporates those bonuses in the 99 limit.

Is it possible to steal home, or does the pitcher throw the ball to the plate too quickly to make that feasible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #376
MVP

I received notice from youtube video you can steal home, but pretty sure the baserunning ratings have to be maxed out-and you need a bit of luck.

My centerfielder received notice from the Reds they would promote him-if he was willing to move to right. After the trade of Bruce, of course. It'll likely wait until posters are expanded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »