Home

Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #385
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3207
Keep in mind I haven't made a catcher, but given how much base stealing the CPU seems to do, you'll definitely get your chances.
I made a RTTS catcher this week, set fielding attempts to some, played about 15 to 20 games in the minors, and I have only seen about 1 stolen base attempt every 4 or 5 games, and it might be even less often than that. In the MLB last year, the St. Louis Cardinals attempted to steal the least with 83 attempts. This still comes out to stealing about once every other game. I know what I played is a small sample, but it seems off to me. Not going to stick with my RTTS catcher. In my opinion, shortstop and starting pitcher are the most fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #386
Banned

OVR: 27

What are some ways if any some of you are doing in order to stay in the minors longer? Getting called up to the majors happens way too quickly in RTTS.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #387
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
What are some ways if any some of you are doing in order to stay in the minors longer? Getting called up to the majors happens way too quickly in RTTS.

I feel the best way is to go back to college for atleast 2 years. That way if you get called up in your first year you are atleast 20. Oh and I usually raise the difficulty 1 notch for AA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #388
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I feel the best way is to go back to college for atleast 2 years. That way if you get called up in your first year you are atleast 20. Oh and I usually raise the difficulty 1 notch for AA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I started a new first baseman and made him 21. Was also thinking maybe waiting until the end of a month to use training points may work too. Not sure.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #389
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I started a new first baseman and made him 21. Was also thinking maybe waiting until the end of a month to use training points may work too. Not sure.

Yeah I would recommend not using a lot of training points it has helped for me and also raising the difficulty. My SS stayed in the minors a whole year before making his first big league appearance.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #390
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah I would recommend not using a lot of training points it has helped for me and also raising the difficulty. My SS stayed in the minors a whole year before making his first big league appearance.
Sounds good. I always play on All-Star anyway. I tended to use a lot of training points in the past.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #391
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

Quote:

Every time I have been called up it seems that my overall rating is very close to, or a little bit above the starter for the MLB team at my position. It seems like you need to be playing well and be close in overall rating to be called up. If you keep an eye on your overall and do not let it get too high, I think that could be a pretty reliable way to go about it. I have never tried to stay in the minors longer intentionally, though it would be more realistic to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #392
MVP

OVR: 26

I haven't been able to stay in the minors longer than 1 year combined, for both aa and aaa. I don't know you can stay in the minors longer than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »