Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 01:57 PM   #49
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
What do you guys use for your ratio of played games to simmed games? Thanks for any input, really looking forward to diving deep into franchise for the first time this year
I usually play one game and then sim 5. That way I get to play as every starter and it moves the season along.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:17 PM   #50
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Another heartbreaker. Tonight it was Rick Sucliffe against Mike Witt. After a shaky start, Sut settled down to pitch 7 innings with 2 earned runs. The game was tied at 2 when Paul Assenmacher came on in relief to start the 8th. He hung a slider to Devon White, and White took it deep to left to give the Angels a 3-2 lead. So the Cubs had their work cut out for them in the 9th.

The 9th turned out to be almost a carbon copy of the night before. Grace lead off with a double to left center. Dwight Smith battled and ended up walking. With nobody out, Andre Dawson flied out deep to right, and Grace was able to advance to third. That left us in the situation of runners at the corners needing one run with one out in the ninth.

This time the hitter was Luis Salazar. Cub fans feared the worst when the ball was once again lined hard to Wally Joyner who made a fantastic grab. But hope was restored when Dwight Smith dove back safely to first. So with two outs, it was up to Shawon Dunston. He hit one deep to right...back...back...back......and Chili Davis makes the catch to end it!

So I'm 0-2.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
What do you guys use for your ratio of played games to simmed games? Thanks for any input, really looking forward to diving deep into franchise for the first time this year
With Quick Counts I play one game per series. I try to mix it up, so if I played with one pitcher in the last series, I will play with a different starter the next one.

If you aren’t using Quick Counts, I used to do the 1 every 5, to play with a different pitcher each game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 04:04 PM   #52
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Our last update saw the Blue Jays on a nice hot streak. This update is a bit of a different story. The Jays have hit a mini rough patch. First they won a series against Baltimore 2-1, lost 2-1 to Boston and then lost 3-1 to Cleveland. Now the Jays are playing the Angels and are tied winning the series 2-1.

Marco Estrada is still struggling with close to a 5 ERA. Dickey has a couple rough starts and post a 4.11 ERA and Sanchez is starting to struggle with just over a 4 ERA. Stroman has been great 5-0 and 4th in the league in Ks with a 2.33 ERA.

The Chavez\Happ swap is looking like a success. Jesse Chavez has been a nice addition to the rotation with a low 3 ERA in 3 starts. Happ has been electric out of the bullpen as a long man only allowing 1 run in 15 innings.

The Jays called up Vic Black for the recently released Steve Delabar. The Jays also claimed a few depth pieces off of waivers. They grabbed Wesley Wright, Alex Dickerson and Carlos Contraras. Dickerson (b prospect) will develop in AA while Contraras and Wright are working out of the bullpen in AAA.

The Jays cut ties with JustIn Morneau, granting his release. He was hitting .212 with no homers in 60 at-bats. The strong play of Colabello and Saunders meant not a lot of time for Morneau who requested to look for another role elsewhere.

In turn, the Jays signed Tyler Colvin to a. 1 year deal worth 800K. He competed with Tyler Moore for a bench role and won. He is hitting .260 with 1 hr and 3 extra base hits. Moore was sent back to AAA but is expected to be back up soon. The bench now consists of Jesus Montero, Tyler Colvin, Tony Sanchez and Alexi Castilla. Zack Walters has taken over the role as 2B for now batting .268 with 2 homers. Devon Travis is due back in a week so one of Walters or Castilla will be sent back to AAA and Walters is looking like a strong bet to stay with the big club.

Donaldson, Bautista, DonAldson, Martin, Tulo, Pillar are all having solid years as expected.

Finally, the Jays signed Miguel Gonzalez to a 2 year deal worth 600 k per year. Gonzalez, who was released by Baltimore after a 5.33 ERA on the year and will report to AAA to hopefully earn a chance back in the show. They also signed Cuban prospect Jose Fernandez to a 1 year deal. He will take over as the 2B for AAA Buffalo. In 3 weeks of games he is hitting .197 so he will need to do better to earn a spot in the bigs.

The Jays have also been linked to big names such as Jay Bruce and Jonathan Lucroy. Both may be deadline targets for the Jays if they are still in contention. They sit with a 22-19 record which is good for 2nd in division to the Yankees. Also, the Jays will be looking to acquire a top of the rotation starter by deadline day if they are still in contention or earlier if needed. They have signed Gonzalez, but it seems they will be looking for another piece via trade. No names have been linked to Toronto yet.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2016, 04:35 PM   #53
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Just had an amazing game against the Yankees where we took the lead in the beginning but the Yankees came back and pulled ahead until the bottom of the 9th. with two outs Souza hit a 3 run homer to give us the 12-10 victory.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 PM   #54
Rookie

just started my franchise with the Yankees using Mike Lowe sliders and im also only playing the 7th,8th, and 9th innings to speed games and the season up. 2 games into the season im 1-1 Tanaka lost the first game with 6.0IP,4SO,and a 7.50 ERA, Pineda picked up the win in the 2nd game of the series against the Astros striking out 6 and pitching a complete game, Currently 1-1 will post monthly updates im thinking maybe weekly if anyones interested, i also stream every game and will be posting in here often
RTTS- Paul Christopher #16|SS|Brewers|2G|10AB|.100BA|1H
Franchise- Yankees 1-1 |3rd AL East| 1.0GB
Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #55
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Got my first win of the season. I decided to make the Astros the Diamondbacks since Houston was in the National League in 1989 and I can pretend. It helps that Arizona has a ballpark with a roof. So I swapped their players.

Mike Bielecki gave me six solid innings, allowing two runs. Tied at 2 in the top of the 7th, pinch hitter Dwight Smith sent one deep to right for a solo shot to give the Cubs a 3-2 lead that Mitch Williams was able to save, despite Craig Biggio reaching 2nd on a single and an error to lead off the inning.

Tomorrow the 1-2 Cubs send Scott Sanderson to the hill against Houston's (Arizona) Mark Portugal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12440598_10154808230613228_5547833651859911504_o.jpg (336.1 KB, 213 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 09:15 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Generally, I play them all at the ML level (no Quick Counts). Sometimes I'll sim ahead to get to the draft (I love drafting), and sometimes near the end of the year if I've clinched and don't have any individual milestones to go for (20 wins, 300 Ks, etc).

Probably like 80% played out at minimum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »