Home

A Way Too Early Look at MLB The Show 17's Modes

This is a discussion on A Way Too Early Look at MLB The Show 17's Modes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: A Way Too Early Look at MLB The Show 17's Modes

When are the devs going to give us a create-a-mode mode?!? rabble rabble rabble
Old 03-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree we don't need more modes and often when games try to implement "more" modes, it waters down the rest of the already great modes established.

I think for the future, RTTS could use even more immersion and depth...not in the way of 2K's direction with Spike Lee but just some more excitement and presentation.

I think the Create-A-Stadium for DD is a great idea, I'm not sure how feasible that is but it's awesome.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 03-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #11
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I think either player models or physics for the jerseys is what is desperately needed. It's beginning to be a real eye sore with permanently puffy sleeves. Nothing like a batting stance where the batters back elbow is up and the jersey is floating above their arm. Solve that and this game takes the step it needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #12
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Personally I like what I've seen and heard about the two new modes in DD and I think it will be a lot of fun. With that being said I will agree with some of the guys above me stating next year I don't think we need new modes...we need more depth in certain categories.

-More immersion in RTTS, for me it tends to get boring after a little while with not much excitement. I would love more presentation such as post game interviews where you pick what to say, or dealing with team mates in the club house, or more presentation when completing something big like making it to the bigs!

-More jerseys! I think most people would agree we need more jerseys to pick from. More alternates that teams currently use and maybe some more throwbacks but current day jerseys are more important imo.

-The PBR makes the game look much better even the uniforms and body's that a lot of people complain about...but I think we need better looking players. Seeing some people like Posey or Panik that look super generic, I think it's time to up the graphics for players themselves.

With all that being said I'm still super excited for MLB 16 and it is definitely going to be the best one yet and look forward to playing it... A LOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Alright it's time. With the success NBA2k and EA NHL have had with online team play, I want to see 3 vs 3 online co-op.

Sometimes I want to play with my friends, not against them.
Shareplay is pretty sweet. My cousin & 1 have a season together. But it needs to be tweaked a bit. We created players but u couldn't lock on just on our players. If they add that it would kick ***
Old 03-26-2016, 12:04 AM   #14
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Alright it's time. With the success NBA2k and EA NHL have had with online team play, I want to see 3 vs 3 online co-op.

Sometimes I want to play with my friends, not against them.
How boring of a game could that be though since there can be considerable time you aren't playing the game?

If user A is pitching and the other users are out in the field waiting for the pitch....chomping sunflower seeds on the couch, screaming at the user/pitcher to throw a strike as he walks 2 straight guys.

Lord...I can see the rant threads on OS now.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #15
MVP

Houston's Arena

We don't need any new modes expand with what got scea this far. As beautiful as they get the stadiums if you don't update the player models, skin tones, hair styles etc they will not go very well with any new additions. MLB 2K7 have every real player with real face scans, not sure what software take 2 was u using but now in 2016 with all the new technology you think we would start to see players in this game start to look like some of the other players models u see in other sports game, NBA 2K, FIFA, etc...If they expand on anything I would really like to see them have top of the list player models. Maybe somehow have some program or software where they can just look up a players profile pic form mlb.com, espn.com etc and somehow scan the face and get it into the game? I know were talking about at least 40 players per team that would need there real face scanned but in 2007 a group name take 2 did this.

Last edited by Houston; 04-04-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The extra modes concept was for fun, and I agree with those who say SCEA should focus on expanding (and fixing) current modes as a top priority.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »