Home

A Way Too Early Look at MLB The Show 17's Modes

This is a discussion on A Way Too Early Look at MLB The Show 17's Modes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #17
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
More modes is a waste when they haven't even added in what is in real baseball. Changing weather, delays, double-headers, cancellations. Big task but I would expect they will avoid this until another competitor steps into the baseball arena to crank up the competition.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #18
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Way Too Early Look at MLB The Show 17's Modes

Well written and all, but I think this years' edition will feature more modes than any MLBTS game ever made in history and future. There will already be an unnecessary amount of modes in 16, but i think they want to probe the market to see what they can do in the future to make more money, ala ultimate team modes from EA. Ik its so tempting for these companies to try and make every buck they can, but MLBTS doesnt need that because it's a PS exclusive and people who want to play a REAL game of baseball purchased the PS4 for this very reason (ik i did). I dont think adding more modes is smart at all because the fan base is already there (those who purchased a ps4 for MLB). All we really want is a more in-depth franchise mode and improvements to ball and player physics each year. SCEA is on the right track and I'd hate to see them dedicate more time into creating a mode that 90% of people that dont care about in favor just creating the greatest sports game of all time.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:57 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 3

The dead horse has already been beaten but...

Next year has to be about deepening what is already there. Franchise is the biggest thing. I personally don't play the mode but people are going to riot if they don't completely revamp online and offline franchise next year. This is the biggest thing I hear people complaining about.

I also feel dynamic weather/rain outs, double headers and designated hitter rules are the largest parts of baseball absent in this simulation series. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement this into the game for the dev team.

The only new mode I'd be interested in is a 9 v 9 online mode where you either are player locked onto your custom DD player or a real MLB player. Any player not controlled by a human would be controlled by the CPU (although the humans players would bat for the CPU). To prevent fights over positions, if multiple people choose the same position, the CPU would randomly select someone (similar to pitcher selection in DD) and allow the losers to choose another open position.

Last edited by takki; 03-26-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #20
Pro

Two things I would like SCEA to add, and this is more post release support. 1) A player likeness update to add in all those face scans they got at ST. 2) Jersey DLC to add in more of the alternates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 03-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #21
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
Two things I would like SCEA to add, and this is more post release support. 1) A player likeness update to add in all those face scans they got at ST. 2) Jersey DLC to add in more of the alternates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not possible from what I have been told about face scans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #22
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
2) Jersey DLC to add in more of the alternates.
If the jersey is not in the style guide, it won't be in the game. Not sure why people don't get that.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:20 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
If the jersey is not in the style guide, it won't be in the game. Not sure why people don't get that.

I am talking about jerseys that are in the style guide, but are left out because of slot restrictions.

2020: 52-39
Old 03-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #24
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
I'm actually thrilled that so many people in this community do NOT want more modes, but instead expansion of existing modes, especially franchise (and online franchise).

Now if we could just get the rest of those gamers on board!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »