Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #801
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
In my Orioles franchise it is May 7th. I'm 17-13 and having issues with corner OF. Rickard is hurt (broken hand) And won't be back until mid-June. I've been getting by with Reimold/Hyun Soo-Kim, and Trumbo has been decent. But the defense has fallen off and an interesting trade was offered to me.

Do I pull the trigger and move Trumbo to LF/DH? And when Rickard comes back make him the 4th OF/Prospect?
As an O's fan, how do you not pull the trigger on that? A Markakis reunion while getting rid of Kim?

Aside from that, Markakis is more of a slap hitter at this point, but he's a CLEAR upgrade on defense, which it sounds like you are going for. You also clear some payroll for the Braves. Go for it as long as that B prospect doesn't bother you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #802
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
As an O's fan, how do you not pull the trigger on that? A Markakis reunion while getting rid of Kim?

Aside from that, Markakis is more of a slap hitter at this point, but he's a CLEAR upgrade on defense, which it sounds like you are going for. You also clear some payroll for the Braves. Go for it as long as that B prospect doesn't bother you.
He's a closer, which I'm pretty sure I can replace with some other pieces in my organization.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #803
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
He's a closer, which I'm pretty sure I can replace with some other pieces in my organization.

Where did he come from? What roster are you using?
#44Syracuse
Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #804
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Where did he come from? What roster are you using?
SCEA 4/18 roster.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-24-2016, 12:07 AM   #805
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Thank you, thats all I was looking for. I appreciate it.

I was looking for a near complete salary dump, and all I could muster was for Carlos Ruiz and Thompson. I dont need/want Ruiz, so I am just gonna eat Jose's contract and not let him play.

I also wanna apologize, and hope I didnt come off rude in my last response. Was not my intention.
Not at all! You'd have to eat Howard's deal to get Thompson in my opinion. Needs more cash than ruiz.

Quote:
In my Orioles franchise it is May 7th. I'm 17-13 and having issues with corner OF. Rickard is hurt (broken hand) And won't be back until mid-June. I've been getting by with Reimold/Hyun Soo-Kim, and Trumbo has been decent. But the defense has fallen off and an interesting trade was offered to me.

Do I pull the trigger and move Trumbo to LF/DH? And when Rickard comes back make him the 4th OF/Prospect?
If it matters, Kim can't be traded until June 15 I believe???? as he was just signed. But if you don't really care, yeah, go for it. It's a bit of salary to take on and I know the O's added salary so watch your budget, but that's a nice upgrade. Markakis is a nice OBP-defense guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #806
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Not at all! You'd have to eat Howard's deal to get Thompson in my opinion. Needs more cash than ruiz.

If it matters, Kim can't be traded until June 15 I believe???? as he was just signed. But if you don't really care, yeah, go for it. It's a bit of salary to take on and I know the O's added salary so watch your budget, but that's a nice upgrade. Markakis is a nice OBP-defense guy.
I'm not super worried about Kim's 6/15 cut off (play franchise as 'my own world').

I made the trade. WTNY pushed me over the edge. He's absolutely right that having a reunion with Markakis is an Orioles fan's dream AND it helps my team immediately.

Thanks everyone!

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #807
MVP

OVR: 11

Just started my 6 team franchise (Seattle, Detroit, Boston, Colorado, Cubs, Atlanta). If I'm out of it with Seattle at deadline, what's the value of Cruz and Hernandez?
Old 04-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #808
Rookie

Elldarre's Arena

OVR: 0

Cruz... eh. Nice power bat, but limited on defense, and teams care about things like that. I think he could fetch a back-of-the-rotation starter or a B-grade prospect. Maybe more IRL, where the M's could eat some of the salary.

Presuming you mean Felix Hernandez, he should return (no pun intended) a king's ransom. Look at the Cole Hamels trade between PHI and TEX, and allow for the fact that Hernandez > Hamels. Guys like that are rarely available in trade. I don't know his contract in the game so your trading partners might be limited due to budget constraints.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »