Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Waiting for OSFM rosters to start a franchise but figured I'd start getting ideas on trades now. I am going to play as the White Sox. I want a big left handed bat in the middle of the order and want to make the most realistic moves as possible. What are some good ideas? I was thinking CarGo but idk what a fair offer would be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #402
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Waiting for OSFM rosters to start a franchise but figured I'd start getting ideas on trades now. I am going to play as the White Sox. I want a big left handed bat in the middle of the order and want to make the most realistic moves as possible. What are some good ideas? I was thinking CarGo but idk what a fair offer would be.
I think a package around Fulmer or Anderson would be too much or not realistic, honestly. After the Frazier trade, there's not a lot there to work with. Probably some guys like Spencer Adams, Jordan Guerrero, Tyler Danish involved in any deal.. I don't know.

White Sox buying is a bad situation to be in with that system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe0783
I am also waiting for OSFM to drop before I start my franchise & thinking about some trades I would like to do. I would like to trade Lucroy to the Rangers, a scenario I kept on hearing during the offseason. I am definitely willing to package him with some other players like Smith or Peralta. I kept on hearing scenarios like Brison, Tate, Jurado, Ortiz, etc. What do you guys think? Thanks!
Lucroy could probably net you either Brinson + Tate + maybe a low level lottery type of guy, or Brinson + Ortiz + Jurado.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:00 AM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mac
I think a package around Fulmer or Anderson would be too much or not realistic, honestly. After the Frazier trade, there's not a lot there to work with. Probably some guys like Spencer Adams, Jordan Guerrero, Tyler Danish involved in any deal.. I don't know.

White Sox buying is a bad situation to be in with that system.

Lucroy could probably net you either Brinson + Tate + maybe a low level lottery type of guy, or Brinson + Ortiz + Jurado.

Yeah I'd basically be trading anyone not named Fulmer or Anderson. Also factor in CarGo's contract (which won't be accurate in game but still bigger). Another one I though of was a rental of Josh Reddick for one year. I was thinking something along the lines of Danish/Guerrero, May/Engel, and Carlos Sanchez?
Old 04-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #404
Rookie

maybe not realistic but still looking fo fair.... im the rockies and thinking about a base of blackmon and mcmahon for carassco? what else should i add?
Old 04-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #405
Banned

So I need to do something with the Indians BP.

How can I get 2 of

Brian Matusz
Marcos Mateo
Kevin Quackenbush
Yimi Garcia
Tyler Clippard
Andrew Chafin
Tony Cigrani
Neil Ramirez
Mike Dunn
Tony Sipp
Keone Kela
Charlie Furbush
Luke Hochevar
Brett Cecil

How hard is it to trade for RP in general ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #406
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

You should be fine. I really like Quackenbush as a right now option, and Andrew Chafin is young, controllable, and could probably make a spot start. Shouldn't be hard to trade for either of them, both are definitely realistic, just flip a guy with a 2nd division ceiling, I'd think.

Also, Randall Delgado could be worth a look.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:32 PM   #407
Rookie

grushcow's Arena

OVR: 2

What type of a package would it take to get Ryan Goins? Obviously not that significant as I'm a Jays fan. Gonna do a Twins franchise, really like some of their pieces and none of the NL teams are really speaking to me with Pollack out for the year as the D'Backs were one of the only ones I liked.

I want to improve team defense because Minny is really lacking. With mediocre pitching I'd like to build the pen, but I'll be back asking about that. Goins would serve as essentially an offseason trade. I'd also consider Hechavarria, Ahmed, Galvis, Mercer or Kike Hernandez. But I think they'd be too expensive.

I'd assume, as a Jays fan, that the Jays would at least want a utility guy to cover for Goins in addition to a prospect. So I'd like to include Eduardo Nunez as part of the package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
So I need to do something with the Indians BP.

How can I get 2 of

Brian Matusz
Marcos Mateo
Kevin Quackenbush
Yimi Garcia
Tyler Clippard
Andrew Chafin
Tony Cigrani
Neil Ramirez
Mike Dunn
Tony Sipp
Keone Kela
Charlie Furbush
Luke Hochevar
Brett Cecil

How hard is it to trade for RP in general ?
Thanks for doing my research for me! Good guys to target for the twins.

Last edited by grushcow; 04-09-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #408
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Jays wouldn't need anything back, Darwin Barney is the same guy basically. As a Jays fan I've been praying for Goins for Trevor May, but don't rip yourself off. Maybe Tyler Duffey?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »