Home

Carryover Franchise issues?

This is a discussion on Carryover Franchise issues? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #25
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Carryover Franchise issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's not day 1 yet.

M.K.
Knight165
I highly doubt they will have a patch out on Tuesday to fix this problem. Would be great if they did but it won't happen. Will probably have to wait a week or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #26
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I highly doubt they will have a patch out on Tuesday to fix this problem. Would be great if they did but it won't happen. Will probably have to wait a week or two.

You're probably right...but you never know!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #27
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
It's disappointing you can't accurately import your franchise day 1, but so many games are not ready to go on day 1 these days. It's pretty much industry standard.
I'd have less an issue with it if MLB would still let the game come out at the start of March instead the end of March. I always looked at it as that time being sort of spring training to work out the kinks & be good to go come opening day. *sigh*
#44Syracuse
Old 03-27-2016, 09:00 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'd have less an issue with it if MLB would still let the game come out at the start of March instead the end of March. I always looked at it as that time being sort of spring training to work out the kinks & be good to go come opening day. *sigh*
Why? They are still working on the game during that time frame. There were probably a bunch of other bugs that got fixed or found to be fixed in day 1 patch that were fixed in the 3/4 weeks you are talking about.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's not day 1 yet.

M.K.
Knight165
My plan was to start the game tonight and import my franchise into 16. It sounds like if I do that player morale and a few other details are going to be inacurate.

If they put out a patch today that would be awesome, but considering patches must go through certification I would expect a few days to a week for this to be patched.

Maybe I'll import anyway after I research the potential effects of the bug on my team. They said on the streams that morale would not make or break a team alone.

If it makes my players not want to resign at the end of the season, maybe I'll use up my stubs in 15 to buy budget funds and overcome any objections by offering more money.

I don't know precisely how it works though. If I import and play through the season only to find that morale has decimated my team, it's going to be tough to start a new franchise because im pretty attached to these guys, even the generic dudes.

Maybe I can role play through the bug. I'll pretend a scandal hit my team and everybody is unhappy then rebuild.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #30
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
There is definitely a carryover bug for RTTS too. Just went and checked my Phillies second baseman. Pretty sure he never played for the Mets and wouldn't be from North Carolina. Haha. The stats themselves look ok. It also bothers me that you no longer see jersey numbers for players on the player cards.

I could get past the birthplace bug, but not playing for another team in the stats screen. No way will I be moving to 16 until that is fixed unless we had confirmation that a patch would eventually go back and fix it instead of having to re-import again.

Have you tried importing multiple times to see if it always has you with the Mets in previous seasons?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 03-28-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #31
Rookie

Im pretty attached to my team aswell, 4 seasons in, play alot of games, just winning my first world series two days ago, and awaiting 16

I guess i can wait a bit, but hopefulyl they are able to patch the Morale issue and things such as stats etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

So, to clarify, if I have a carryover franchise file, and it's say in June of 2015, I import it into 2016 and simulate to the start of 2016, what exactly is fixed?

Does simulating to the end of the year correct the morale and region?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »