Home

Dynamic Difficulty in 2016

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty in 2016 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #49
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dynamic Difficulty in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Oh ok its to bad you can only go up 1 step a game. I guess what I am going to have to start doing is when I go up a level I will have to quit game and start a new game so I can go up again.

Yes exactly. You can also restart I'm pretty sure, and your new level sticks.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #50
All Star

OVR: 0

How many games do you guys tend to play before you lock in your sliders?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #51
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
How many games do you guys tend to play before you lock in your sliders?
At least 30. Not necessarily all completely full games.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #52
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
At least 30. Not necessarily all completely full games.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Oh I have only played 7 but I fill like I am getting close. I am almost to HOF pitching and almost to all star hitting. In the past I always found HOF pitching to hard but all star to easy so I would play all star but with my pitching sliders down some. In the past once I got to all star+ I would get hit to hard but all star not enough with default sliders. I like the way all star+ played in the past when it comes to pitch control but found the CPU hits to well. I am hoping this year that the CPU hits more like all star in the past on all star+ this year but that control over location of pitches is the same as in the past on all star+ if that makes any scenes to any body.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #53
Rookie

PitholeCreek's Arena

I started a RTTS as a relief pitcher and managed to get the Dynamic Difficulty up to Legendary, but then it suddenly dropped me back down to Rookie between games. I didn't do anything except sim to my next appearance. It's really frustrating that I now have to work my way back up to that difficulty level.

I might turn Dynamic Difficulty off, as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. It reset on me in The Show '14 as well (after taking control of a Demo Mode game), which was also incredibly frustrating. As another person mentioned, there should be a way to set the starting point for Dynamic Difficulty. Experienced players shouldn't have to grind their way up to the higher difficulty levels, let alone do it multiple times.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:13 AM   #54
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeCreek
I started a RTTS as a relief pitcher and managed to get the Dynamic Difficulty up to Legendary, but then it suddenly dropped me back down to Rookie between games. I didn't do anything except sim to my next appearance. It's really frustrating that I now have to work my way back up to that difficulty level.

I might turn Dynamic Difficulty off, as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. It reset on me in The Show '14 as well (after taking control of a Demo Mode game), which was also incredibly frustrating. As another person mentioned, there should be a way to set the starting point for Dynamic Difficulty. Experienced players shouldn't have to grind their way up to the higher difficulty levels, let alone do it multiple times.

Make sure it didn't switch profiles from "Experienced" to "Beginner" by accident
Old 04-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #55
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Dynamic Difficulty in 2016

Quote:
Oh I have only played 7 but I fill like I am getting close. I am almost to HOF pitching and almost to all star hitting. In the past I always found HOF pitching to hard but all star to easy so I would play all star but with my pitching sliders down some. In the past once I got to all star+ I would get hit to hard but all star not enough with default sliders. I like the way all star+ played in the past when it comes to pitch control but found the CPU hits to well. I am hoping this year that the CPU hits more like all star in the past on all star+ this year but that control over location of pitches is the same as in the past on all star+ if that makes any scenes to any body.

My preference was to find where I felt the CPU would punish me for my mistakes, which turned out to be HOF+. But I was still hitting corners on every pitch with most pitchers. I went up to Legendary and started getting rocked. I went back down to HOF+, put USER control and consistency down to 4, and haven't looked back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 12:41 AM   #56
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
My preference was to find where I felt the CPU would punish me for my mistakes, which turned out to be HOF+. But I was still hitting corners on every pitch with most pitchers. I went up to Legendary and started getting rocked. I went back down to HOF+, put USER control and consistency down to 4, and haven't looked back.

I hear you but in the past I found on default HOF it was a little to hard to not make mistake pitches and I found on HOF you can like never get away with a bad pitch and also I found on HOF in the past that the CPU will to often have a at bat were they are just going to foul off ever thing in till they like hit a HR or are walked. I like the way the CPU would bat in the past on all star when it comes to their plate discipline and missing or not missing pitches but it was to easy to locate pitches on all star so it would make pitching a little to easy. I only tried Legendary I think back when it was first added and I found on that the CPU would hit ever thing and I mean ever thing. I would see the CPU hitting changeups all the time below the knees for HR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »