Home

How soon is too soon...

This is a discussion on How soon is too soon... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #49
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How soon is too soon...

Spent from 9:30 to 1:30 last night going through all of the teams and fixing the contracts to about 95% accuracy. Then I went in and started my Cubs franchise, saved it without doing anything at all, and went to bed, lol. I'll jump into actually doing some of the stuff within franchise and play a game or two tonight. Worth the work to make it "right" for the next five to six months.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:31 AM   #50
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

When Willard gets his hybrid rosters out. It’s a painful wait let me tell you.

You don’t care where I sent this from.

- Rick Wise
Old 03-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #51
Rookie

YankeeVic's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Spent from 9:30 to 1:30 last night going through all of the teams and fixing the contracts to about 95% accuracy. Then I went in and started my Cubs franchise, saved it without doing anything at all, and went to bed, lol. I'll jump into actually doing some of the stuff within franchise and play a game or two tonight. Worth the work to make it "right" for the next five to six months.
You should consider uploading that roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #52
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Well, its not perfect. I didn't go out of my way to add anyone to a roster who wasn't there to begin with, and I didn't mess with any of the contracts for guys who make less than 1 million. But since its just for me, I'm cool with all of that. For my purposes though, it'll work just fine.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #53
Rookie

To me 15 and 16 learning curve is minimal you should be able to jump right in if you've played the game before.

I only play RTTS at the moment though and I used my RTTS from last year and jumped right into the learning curve was real small only took me like a few games to get fully used to the changes made.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:06 PM   #54
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorKingdom
To me 15 and 16 learning curve is minimal you should be able to jump right in if you've played the game before.

I only play RTTS at the moment though and I used my RTTS from last year and jumped right into the learning curve was real small only took me like a few games to get fully used to the changes made.
I agree, they play very similarly. I started my franchise with adaptive difficulty, which defaults to rookie to begin with, just in case, and won my first game 11-0, while "leveling up" on both sides of the ball twice. Since you can't quit games in The Show franchise mode without them counting, I didn't want to start my new franchise getting destroyed on All Star where I left off on 15 if it was a lot different. I'll work my way back there.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
I agree, they play very similarly. I started my franchise with adaptive difficulty, which defaults to rookie to begin with, just in case, and won my first game 11-0, while "leveling up" on both sides of the ball twice. Since you can't quit games in The Show franchise mode without them counting, I didn't want to start my new franchise getting destroyed on All Star where I left off on 15 if it was a lot different. I'll work my way back there.
Yeah adaptive difficulty is very helpful and useful especially for RTTS and it starts you back on rookie so the transition should be easier from where you left off.

I actually played 15 for a couple of weeks before this game came out yesterday so I wasn't very rusty which may make a difference also. The last time I played before that was June I'm hoping to play this game until football season starts. I played 5 months going back to the playoffs so far since that time now I'm about under a month away from starting this year's playoffs again this time with 16.

I was in a critical point in the season where my team needed to position themselves for homefield advantage in the NL Playoffs.

The transition for me was minimal because I already played 15 before this recently. If I didn't play since June then the learning curve would be more deeper but that's mainly rust though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
What do you mean you can't quit a game in franchise without it counting? Sure it might sim it, but if you have auto save off, there isn't a problem. UNless I am completely misunderstanding what you mean and that is very likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »