Home

CPu keeps stealing bases auto bases

This is a discussion on CPu keeps stealing bases auto bases within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
CPu keeps stealing bases auto bases

where back to the MLB 14 problem again which they fixed last year now its back, with having auto basees on the CPU keeps getting picked off and taking off to steal on its own without my control

I always have problems with baserunning so leave it on auto now its back to the mlb 14 problem again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: CPu keeps stealing bases auto bases

The AI stole on auto last year, too. And it's by design. If you want full control over when your baserunners move, you'll have to learn to use manual baserunning.

I personally like that the runners steal on their own with auto turned on, because not every steal is called from the bench in real life, either.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
The AI stole on auto last year, too. And it's by design. If you want full control over when your baserunners move, you'll have to learn to use manual baserunning.

I personally like that the runners steal on their own with auto turned on, because not every steal is called from the bench in real life, either.
No it didn't only in MLB 14, the CPU kept getting picked off because it was stupidly take leads like Ortez,, this problem is back again it never was in 15.

I don't wanna see my players picked off and trying to steal bases at inappropriate times, to many pick offs are happening because of it, even with slider low, and pickoffs rarely happen in real life.

I simply can't do base running on my own, I screw up to much hitting the wrong buttons especially when 2 ore more are eon base
Old 03-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #4
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't mind them stealing bases but I find players who don't steal IRL or hardly any, they steal more than the speedster it seems. Even with aggression/ability at 0

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
No it didn't only in MLB 14, the CPU kept getting picked off because it was stupidly take leads like Ortez,, this problem is back again it never was in 15.
The AI absolutely, 100% stole bases on auto last year, at least on PS4. I only use auto running, and I know for a fact that my runners would go on their own frequently.

The reason they didn't get picked off (much, it did happen occasionally) last year is because the AI (for both auto running and AI opponents) never extended their leads. They did before last year, and they do again this year, leading to pick-offs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
Just started!

I'm having the same problem, only I don't have it set to auto. I have it set to assist and those are the only two options in franchise mode.... no "manual". I have slow guys stealing 3rd and HOME!!! for no reason. It happens pretty much every pitch. Any help??
Old 04-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
The AI absolutely, 100% stole bases on auto last year, at least on PS4. I only use auto running, and I know for a fact that my runners would go on their own frequently.

The reason they didn't get picked off (much, it did happen occasionally) last year is because the AI (for both auto running and AI opponents) never extended their leads. They did before last year, and they do again this year, leading to pick-offs.
I am telling you now it DIDN"T in MLVB 15 they fixed it that year it did however in MLB 14 I have owned every MLB game the last 6 years and 14 and 16 are the only 2 years the CPU decides to steal bases on it's own

the trick is to hold L2 the entire at bat it stops the CPU from taking off at critical stages in the game and wasting outs, which btw base stealing this year is alot harder and 3 out of 4 times you seem to get caught, when in reality it should be 3 out of 4 times you can steal base as the leagues % is about 70%
Old 04-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgedude132
I'm having the same problem, only I don't have it set to auto. I have it set to assist and those are the only two options in franchise mode.... no "manual". I have slow guys stealing 3rd and HOME!!! for no reason. It happens pretty much every pitch. Any help??
Hold L2 the entire at bat, it makes the AI think that you have taken control and overrides it seems to help for me, just don't accidental let go of L2 or they all take off LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »