Home

Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY!

This is a discussion on Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY!

I wrote a similar thread to this last year but i think the message it carries is always worth repeating

Basically, the last few years, ive generally messed around too much when waiting to start my franchise, i would always say to myself things like:

- your sliders arent tested enough
- wait for the OSFM OD Set
- then, may as well for re-rates/pitch edits etc
- there may be another patch, wait for that
- alter my players equipments to be as accurate as possible

...and on and on it went, i was giving myself any excuse not to just go and actually play the game, due to this i was always struggling to get my franchise in (i play all 162), and any post-season, should i get there.

Well, this year its different, its time to finally wise up.

Sliders? Yeah, they may require the odd tweak in future but myself and TNK will have a set out very soon (see Slider forum) and any adjustments can be made on the fly, why on earth do i need to restart a franchise many games in because of one click of a slider left or right? Madness, but i used to do it

Rosters? I will never have a go at anyone that waits for OSFM, ive always done it myself in years past, they are an incredible community based product that deserve all the praise they get...with that said, this year, im not waiting for them. Why?

Because we are possibly looking at a month or so, May, and I simply dont want to waste another 4/5 weeks of possible playtime, when, in reality, i only plan to get one season in, as i play all 162, at a relaxed pace, 2 hours a game, so wanting the correct minors and prospects for seasons to come is futile - ill be onto MLB The Show 17 by then.

Patch? There may be another, but there's no glaring errors that mean waiting, again, likely a month or more for it, it will work on existing games anyway.

So, basically, what AM i worrying about? Why didnt i just start and play in years gone by?

NO MORE i tell you!

So...my message to others in a similar boat thinking about waiting for this, that and the other that they "must have", before starting their franchises...learn from my painful lessons and get started, enjoy the game and go and play.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's come to see the light where this game and waiting is concerned.

My franchise starts as soon as my sliders are set and the SCEA Opening Day roster comes out, once and for all, and will NOT be restarting, because ive also learned if you keep restarting you simply never finish what you started.

I used to need everything to be perfectly realistic, but ive come to realise that that utopia simply doesnt exist, so ill enjoy the rookies who may come into the big leagues in my franchise for the fictional characters they are, all adds to the imagination

If you are a little OCD and absolutely HAVE to wait for all the edits and re-rates that OSFM will get in the months to come, fair play to you, each to his own and all that, but me, well, i used to be like that, but like i say, lesson learned

Lets play ball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Learning your lesson - Go and PLAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I wrote a similar thread to this last year but i think the message it carries is always worth repeating

Basically, the last few years, ive generally messed around too much when waiting to start my franchise, i would always say to myself things like:

- your sliders arent tested enough
- wait for the OSFM OD Set
- then, may as well for re-rates/pitch edits etc
- there may be another patch, wait for that
- alter my players equipments to be as accurate as possible

...and on and on it went, i was giving myself any excuse not to just go and actually play the game, due to this i was always struggling to get my franchise in (i play all 162), and any post-season, should i get there.

Well, this year its different, its time to finally wise up.

Sliders? Yeah, they may require the odd tweak in future but myself and TNK will have a set out very soon (see Slider forum) and any adjustments can be made on the fly, why on earth do i need to restart a franchise many games in because of one click of a slider left or right? Madness, but i used to do it

Rosters? I will never have a go at anyone that waits for OSFM, ive always done it myself in years past, they are an incredible community based product that deserve all the praise they get...with that said, this year, im not waiting for them. Why?

Because we are possibly looking at a month or so, May, and I simply dont want to waste another 4/5 weeks of possible playtime, when, in reality, i only plan to get one season in, as i play all 162, at a relaxed pace, 2 hours a game, so wanting the correct minors and prospects for seasons to come is futile - ill be onto MLB The Show 17 by then.

Patch? There may be another, but there's no glaring errors that mean waiting, again, likely a month or more for it, it will work on existing games anyway.

So, basically, what AM i worrying about? Why didnt i just start and play in years gone by?

NO MORE i tell you!

So...my message to others in a similar boat thinking about waiting for this, that and the other that they "must have", before starting their franchises...learn from my painful lessons and get started, enjoy the game and go and play.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's come to see the light where this game and waiting is concerned.

My franchise starts as soon as my sliders are set and the SCEA Opening Day roster comes out, once and for all, and will NOT be restarting, because ive also learned if you keep restarting you simply never finish what you started.

I used to need everything to be perfectly realistic, but ive come to realise that that utopia simply doesnt exist, so ill enjoy the rookies who may come into the big leagues in my franchise for the fictional characters they are, all adds to the imagination

If you are a little OCD and absolutely HAVE to wait for all the edits and re-rates that OSFM will get in the months to come, fair play to you, each to his own and all that, but me, well, i used to be like that, but like i say, lesson learned

Lets play ball!
If you care anything about stats you might have to wait for a patch for a true franchise play through jmo..
Old 03-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
If you care anything about stats you might have to wait for a patch for a true franchise play through jmo..
Why what is the problem?

Also im interested in Country Boy and his opinion on this, hell hes probably already started his franchise
Old 03-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why what is the problem?

Also im interested in Country Boy and his opinion on this, hell hes probably already started his franchise
The Career stats and the teams they play or played for is messed up in its current state .. I'm gonna do test franchise regardless but will be waiting for a patch and rosters before I gangbusters with my team in franchise ..
Old 03-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm going to try really hard this year to follow this. No reboots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Quote:
Why what is the problem?

Quote:
The Career stats and the teams they play or played for is messed up in its current state .. I'm gonna do test franchise regardless but will be waiting for a patch and rosters before I gangbusters with my team in franchise ..
I don't see any issues with stats in my franchise mode.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #7
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Once I start I never stop me and my buddies got 9 seasons in.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #8
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Why what is the problem?

Havn't seen this for myself, as I wont be able to play until this evening. Here is the bug report from The Show Nation with up-votes:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10019

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »