Home

Falling Rain

This is a discussion on Falling Rain within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #9
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Falling Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
There's nothing wrong with your game.

The rain is purely cosmetic in the game. It doesn't effect the playing field or anything else, its just a visual.

I too, would like for it to have an impact on the field, drip from dugouts, helmets, etc.. Hopefully one version in the not so distant future....like The Show '17
Awesome, thanks for verifying. I just know the amount of detail in the game and having seen wet clothing in games like Uncharted, also a first person PS game, I didn't know if it was a bug. Actually, just putting a little "shine" on the grass during night games would greatly improve this feel now that I think about it. I know that's easier said than done but just a thought that occurred to me.

I don't really expect it to be slick or anything like that, as a graphic and ui designer I'm 100% ok with things just "looking good" so I was afraid a texture wasn't loading lol. Just put a little shine on the grass and have the field look wet in future versions and I'd be happy. Lets face it, I'm incredibly happy with it already lol, just getting greedy now.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #10
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
He brings up a valid point and gave his opinion in a mature manner.. What's the problem?

I'm gonna get into some games tonight OP and I'll be on the lookout during a rainy game. Hopefully if this is the case, they can further improve weather effects with the evolution of PBR.

Meant to quote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
Interesting observation, I also saw the PBR mania but when I saw the clocks in the dug out still looking untouched and still @ 3 pm I thought hmmm hoe could they miss the clocks.
When someone points out that the clocks in the dugout don't keep accurate time...
Old 03-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
Awesome, thanks for verifying. I just know the amount of detail in the game and having seen wet clothing in games like Uncharted, also a first person PS game, I didn't know if it was a bug. Actually, just putting a little "shine" on the grass during night games would greatly improve this feel now that I think about it. I know that's easier said than done but just a thought that occurred to me.

I don't really expect it to be slick or anything like that, as a graphic and ui designer I'm 100% ok with things just "looking good" so I was afraid a texture wasn't loading lol. Just put a little shine on the grass and have the field look wet in future versions and I'd be happy. Lets face it, I'm incredibly happy with it already lol, just getting greedy now.
I agree with you 100%

Put a shine on the grass and darker dirt would go a long way.

But don't worry, we are all getting greedy at this point.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #12
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Meant to quote this:

When someone points out that the clocks in the dugout don't keep accurate time...
Haha, makes sense. Yeah...as cool as that'd be I think I'd put that WAY at the bottom of my list.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #13
Rookie

This game is amazing but I do wish for next year they could add in DYNAMIC weather. Maybe the Marty v says 72 degrees and a chance of showers than later more and more clouds could come in and showers could fall 4 a bit then maybe clear up to just partly cloudy skies. If mvp ncaa baseball 06 on xbox could have that, the show certainly can.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #14
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree with you 100%

Put a shine on the grass and darker dirt would go a long way.

But don't worry, we are all getting greedy at this point.
When you have a game of such high caliber, you start to beg for these small things because they run out of great things to add lol
Old 03-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #15
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
When you have a game of such high caliber, you start to beg for these small things because they run out of great things to add lol
I'm getting to the point that the only things I can pick at are things like more realistic dust particles when a guy slides or runs or something...yes...we are at the point where we can only complain about the realism of dirt.

SD Studios you guys are winning...now if you only had the rights to do football games again you could take all of my sports money!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 03:39 PM   #16
Banned

This game is awesome when it comes to weather and I have noticed a huge improvements in the jerseys where they look more realistic and when it rains they get wet. The rain is just way better this year but I would still like to see rain delays and play in doubleheaders. The catch 22 to this is that we get to play in the rain though so this is not needed just yet.

Can't wait for the day when we see snow or cold breathe coming out the players mouths.

One question for anybody to answer, in RTTS does anybody know if the roof closes yet? I play the Brewers and I was playing this game in the month of August and am currently in early September but I've yet to see the roof close at Miller Park or Marlins Park where I've played a series down there. I have not played in Toronto, Seattle, or Houston yet because they're in the American League and I already played Arizona down in Phoenix back in July before this game was released. We can't control the roof like in other modes but I'm hoping the roof closes at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
I'm getting to the point that the only things I can pick at are things like more realistic dust particles when a guy slides or runs or something...yes...we are at the point where we can only complain about the realism of dirt.

SD Studios you guys are winning...now if you only had the rights to do football games again you could take all of my sports money!
MLB the Show is the best sports game right now I'm playing so far way better than 2K and I haven't played NHL or FIFA newest games yet so I can't judge those just yet but the most displeased sports gaming experience comes from Madden just too arcadish and generic. If SD Studios got their hands on a football game it would be so epic I wish they could get the rights to college football and start with that and make their way up to the NFL soon after. They would make a football game so well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »