Home

Perfect Games and No Hitters

This is a discussion on Perfect Games and No Hitters within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 07:42 AM   #33
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Perfect Games and No Hitters

Starting my dynasty with Dynamic Difficulty, I threw a perfect game (if you don't count two errors by my second baseman) in my second game played, on Rookie++ difficulty. I've allowed one run through three games, and its bumped up to veteran already. But nice to ease back in.

As others have said, I don't really consider this a "real" accomplishment, and evidently neither does the game since I didn't get a trophy, lol. I threw a "real" perfect game on All Star last year though.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:49 AM   #34
Rookie

micklepickle's Arena

OVR: 0

I threw a perfect game in my first game played on '16. Carried over my 2019 Nats franchise and did it with Giolito. It was on Rookie difficulty (using the dynamic difficulty to build up) so I can't be too proud but I was waiting for it to be broken up late by some kind of bleeder or shrunken strike zone walk.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I still haven't recorded a no hitter in a baseball game. First game I played was All Star on pitching and hitting and I threw a complete game with 13K's with Darvish, but I gave up a single in the bottom of the 6th. One day I will get one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #36
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

MoM player and was 1 innings from a perfect game on Game #1 of a franchise
Old 04-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #37
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Not to derail the thread, but after bumping up from Rookie++ to Veteran, and now Veteran+, I think that the difficulty is definately noticable. Allowed 10 hits and 4 runs in my 4th game, and would have lost had my offense not suddenly come alive in the last two innings. I'm glad that I'm gradually working my way to the more difficult levels and easing my way back into the game, since the only time I'd played 15 since last summer was for about 10 games in January.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #38
Rookie

I pitched a no hitter with Jose Fernandez against the Cubs in game 1 of my carryover NLCS series. It was on rookie level but I had allowed a total of 14 runs over the previous two games so it was a heck of an improvement. I walked a batter in the early innings and Dee Gordon made an error for the only two Cubs baseruners.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #39
Just started!

Just pitched my 1st no hitter in MLB 16. Was Verlander and was going strong through 8 innings. 9th started with an error and my 2nd walk. Pulled Verlander with 115 pitches and 11 strikeouts. Justin Wilson came in for a strikeout, double play ending against the Yankees and a 3-0 win.

Playing on DD and was All-Star through 5 innings, got the level bump to All-Star plus at that time. Wish Verlander could have held on but I'll take the combined no-no!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:08 PM   #40
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Got my second perfect game this season. This time with Jake Arrieta, who is just such a beast. Only took 64 pitches, including 3 balls.

Before I got too full of myself, the game slapped me down, with the Pirates then scoring a total of 16 runs and beating me two in a row in my next games afterwards. I think that they got 30+ hits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »