Home

How do they come up with the team rankings?

This is a discussion on How do they come up with the team rankings? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do they come up with the team rankings?

Just curious if anyone knows how they come up with each teams rankings (pitching, contact, power, speed, defense)?

I'm an Indians fan so I am a little biased but how is Clevland only ranked 15th in pitching? A good chunk of the national media considers their starting rotation to be one of the best in all of baseball They've got three starters that could win that have no hit stuff and could win the Cy Young, (Klubet, Carasco, Salazar) the 4th starter (Cody Anderson) was phenomenal as a rookie his his starts late last season and got even better shape in the off season and is throwing harder, and the 5th (Josh Tomlin) is a veteran who isn't as good as the others but is a solid veteran pitcher that is pretty consistent. Plus they have Trevor Bauer in the bullpen for now but would be the first to move into the rotation in case of injury. While Bauer is a little inconsistent and lead the league in walks he still has great stuff and would be dominant if he can put everything together. Plus they still have a couple young guys in AAA for depth. Granted strikeouts aren't everything but last year Kluber, Carasco, Salazar and Bauer broke the MLB record for teams timeouts.

Their bullpen is solid too, McAllister, Shaw and Allen are solid and the rest of the bullpen is decent. I'm not saying they have the best pitching staff in baseball but they should be no worse than fifth.

Just seems like Sony doesn't like them. When you start Kluber all that Eric Karros says is "this guy has had some great starts in his career, he's also had some ugly starts in his career". No mention of the fact that he won the Cy Young in 2014 and has been solid for the past three seasons and only struggled his first year in the bigs.

Then with Carasco Karos just says something like he has had a pretty mediocre career and hasn't done much. Yes he was very inconsistent for a few years but he has been great the last year and a half. The guy almost threw a no hitter three different times last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How do they come up with the team rankings?

Yeah Kluber and Carrasco are criminally under rated in the game in my opinion. But the best thing about it is I can edit the ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »